Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to open MAC PSD file on PC

• 07-06-2001 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi

One of my co-workers has sent me a PSD file from his MAC (OS9). It was sent with it's .PSD extention in a zip file. I unzipped it and everything was OK. Windows 2000 picked it up as an photoshop file and when clicked photoshops opens. The problem is that the file will not open. It's tell in that the file is not a valid photoshop file. we both have the lastest versions of photoshop. Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paulj13:
    we both have the lastest versions of photoshop. Any help?</font>

You both have Photoshop 6?
    I'd double check,
    as it's most likely the problem.

Have you opened other files your co-worker has done before?

Just ask the to send it again, zip files become corruted occasionally.

*shrug*

- Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

We both have 6. A number of diffrent file have been sent and still no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

instead of opening it can you import it?

Britany Spears Looking incredible

No you can't import it's own format. Photoshop 6 only allows import of PDF's anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Have you tried re-saving under a different filename (perhaps the original file is corrupted) and transferring as just the PSD and not zipped?

It seems strange- I get files from the graphic designer (who uses a Mac) in PSD format all the time and I can open them up in Paintshop Pro 7 on the PC no probs.

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Advertisement

I usually can open them in PHP7 also. However not with the ones I'm getting from this MAC user. NOTE, their been send by email and they need to be zipped due to their size. The current thinking is that it's an email compresstion thing. NOTE also that other file formats are fine, just PSD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

There's a lesson to be learned here....never use a MAC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭RiCo

If u know someone with Linux let them open it and save it to another format. Linux has no problems with mac files.

Advertisement