Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who HATE bands!!

Options
  • 03-05-2002 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

What is it that has some people HATE bands! If you don’t like them, ignore them. Is it something that goes deeper than dislike for their music that some have to tell the world they HATE them.

There are too many people on these boards whose atomicity prompts them to say things about bands that scare the hell out of me.

Brautigan. What the hell have Melaton done to you. Another fascist hate merchant who is obviously stating opinions clouded in hatred born from some kind of threat maybe. Did they call you OLD or something? Threaten to kill your pet cat? Give a very young band a break would you? I hope they can rise above the all the ill wishes and extreme prejudice they've been receiving. No wonder our music industry suffers such stagnancy. In the words of the great Sitting Bull:” Too much slime in pond, when water move as one a river it makes, no slime" or that could've been Yoda maybe? Anyway if there's ever been anything in need for a caustic soda bath it's our music industry.

Jimbob. Did Blotooth do something to offend your family or something? It's not as if they deserve your comments is it? They write great tunes and they can all play their instruments. I understand they might have that whole Travis, Stereophonics M.O.R thing going on. But that’s no reason to hate those bands either, is it? What up?

As for the constant influx of negative words about The Revs. I'm glad they got their meteor and Hotpress awards as a big F U C K off to everyone wished them the worse. And don’t somebody start with "they were just picked -eny miny mo" rubbish.

This is just the tip of the Iceberg for me. The gratuitous slander bands like Blotooth, The Revs and Melaton get from some folk on these boards is waaay out of order. Even if being anonomys does provoke childish behavior. After all some people obviously find their inner child here. Just because these bands don’t fit some peoples expectations. They deserve all the success they get for having to put up with such inane bigotry!

It does sometimes seem as though, when a band is popular, there are just as many people who hate them as love them. Can anyone empathise with me on this subject an offer any reasons for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

bravo.

tho people can say whether they hate **** bands-bands that may deserve it-there is no need for constant negativity.damned net provoke's nerds to seem tough by being slanderous

bravo;scottie;bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keefer

I HATE people who say they HATE bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Agreed way too many negative vibes......all the time same old **** people blabbing and doing nothin' same old same old

Purveyors of Good vibes in my experience on the board..but who I've most likely had an arguement with..

The Two Petes
    The good Scotts man himself
    Atonal
    Thoamas from Presence (Well he is my mate an all)
    Polar Belly (and co)
    Atlanta Suburb
    Joey D
    the dude
    Ferdi
    the drowner
    Gar PTC
    Horsekick
    Richie
    Kranog

Apologies to anyone who I have left out

My god I spend my life here , gotta go get life now.

Bye - Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

i guess it's a matter of maturity... or sufficient cynism maybe, but then the latter tends to come with the former... personally i think the revs suck, but why waste anything as clean and good and precious as hate on them? i just can't be arsed, full stop! i think mostly it's also a misapplication of terms - what is hate? so, all you bandhaters out there, when you hear these bands, does your stomach churn, do you eyebrows curl up without you being able to do anything about it? do you want to scream and cry? or do you just push in a tape? get your wording right, kids! :) *good vibes good vibes* ;)

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

My vibe on this is if you don't like it then don't buy it!

Anyone download the mp3's of that surprise Queen concert on wednesday?

I recommend Hammer to Fall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by Thomas from Presence
    My vibe on this is if you don't like it then don't buy it!

Anyone download the mp3's of that surprise Queen concert on wednesday?

I recommend Hammer to Fall.

:eek: i'm the only person in the world who can't do mp3, which SUCKS! can anyone burn that for me?

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

good thoughts scotsman...

there is a fine line between valid criticisim, voicing of opinions and outright spiteful hatred. I dont mind if someone dosent like a band I do but I cant stand when they bash the band personally or dismiss them a shyte simply because they dont fit their taste.

I think alot of the cited hatred is mis-directed at the bands when it is really a dis-satisfaction with how things are presented in popular media. I have alot of issues with the media but dont begruge any band or artist personally for simply doing their thing.

If your band is hated it is sort of a mark of success though no? I mean you got peoples attention. Nobody hates a band unless alot of other people like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by atonal
    If your band is hated it is sort of a mark of success though no? I mean you got peoples attention. Nobody hates a band unless alot of other people like them.

some say... any publicity is good publicity so i hope all the bands that have a 'hate' element see that...

it is horrible when people say they hate a band though

i feel people are entitled to an opinion but perhaps its a bit unfair to bring it up (when its really bad) on a public forum.

i think constructive criticism is the way around this

ie> i dont like the singers voice but the music is great
    or
    i dont like the guitar but with a bit of work...

you know the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by scotsman
    Pigman. Did Blotooth do something to offend your family or something? It's not as if they deserve your quiet slander is it? They write great tunes and they can all play their instruments. I understand they might have that whole Travis, Stereophonics M.O.R thing going on. But that’s no reason to hate those bands either, is it? What up?

Eh scotsman, I've noticed you seem like following me round on these boards like a bad smell but if you're going to post stuff about me then at least bother to get your facts right.

Fact is that I never said I hated Blootooth. To the contrary I went to TBMC last week HOPING that I'd somehow end up liking them ... unfortunately I didn't. That's as far as it goes regarind them.

If you can't handle the fact that I liked Crayonz more than Blotooth (which is what the jist of my so-call "hate" post was) then just come out and say it instead of making us all endure your little rants and making up lies that you know me.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scotsman

I Love the Crayonz. I loved that gig. I loved blotooth. I love everyone. I'm full of love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hey trev
    i wasnt sure if i were apoligising for arguiing with me or saying we'd never had one or i pretty much wasnt sure what u were saying at all...what were u saying?!?! :):):)
    ive just been to this really scary boards.ie place where u can see all the posts uve ever written....*argh*
    and i went through all of them and i COULDnt find a plaace where we'd argued
    ok im joking about that last part...there is a scary place where u can check all ur posts but i didnt go rooting throughit, i sort of stumbled into it (as i tend to do on the web)
    my heads a bit fecked at d mo. im thinking in biochemical equations.
    oh yeah so happy posting well.....i dunno

i dont see the point in just giving out about a band for no reason but i dont see the harm in criticism, it adds spice/understanding to an argument, and it can be useful for the bands involved, provided it isnt really personal, if u get me. go back through the melaton post and u'll see what i mean, coz that whole loving everything vibe luke had just didnt float my boat, but im sure u've seen how defensive i get when people slag off bands like westlife nd n sync :)
    i just think slagging a band isnt the way to go, nor is the whole vibe of "i'm too good for this kind of music...travis are beneath me. i have a comletley alternative taste in music blah blah blah" and im not saying that people shouldnt have that kind of a taste, but they should have the attidue that can sometimes come with it. the reaosn alternative music is my favourite, is simply because i like ti the best, and not coz i seem cool or nerdy or anything because i like it. i like bands coz of who i am and what they do for me, and for the same reason i dont like bands, and i think when you give out about a band based on that, theres no harm in it, as long as u make it clear that it's your opinion and try not to force it down other ppl's necks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Not really, though. Just most of you.
    Why amn't I allowed to hate bands? The main reason I hate bands that I hate(mostly nu-metal) is because I'm almost forced to listen to it. Also, if 90%(roughly) of a bands fans are dicks or twoddle heads, am I allowed to hate them then?
    I want to reserve the right to hate everything.

I HATE PEOPLE THAT MAKE YA FEEL SMALL
    I HATE HAVING MY BACK AGAINST THE WALL
    I HATE BEIN' TALKED DOWN TO
    I HATE YOUR RULES
    I HATE'EM ALL
    HATE BEIN' MARKED TO TAKE THE FALL
    PLANET'S NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR ME AND YOU

Overkill - I Hate.

note: don't take the above fully seriously. Lighten up. Relax. Take some vallium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by scotsman
    I'm full of love.

You're full of something alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scotsman

:( I need help:( My name is scotsman and I'm a crackhead:(

sorry Pigman, you're right. You only said you were'nt into it. You're not bold. I'm bold:(

sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

Relax scotsman.......it's just an opinion, everyone's got one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by polarbelly

some say... any publicity is good publicity so i hope all the bands that have a 'hate' element see that...

I was being a bit facetous, but there is some truth to it. Hateful spite is never a good thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

i hate people who don't hate any bands.

Some are just ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

yes i too hate people who don't hate things

balence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

If it's easy to 'just ignore bands you hate' it must be twice as easy to ignore people who hate the bands.

Theres even a nifty button for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 juanola

I hate people who have nothing better to do than write long threads giving out about somebody not liking their band. Let's face it all three bands are crap in their own way. But if all bands were good nobody would stand out amongst the crap. It is a good way of getting your band's name around though.

"what did we ever do to annoy you?" you bad person.

"you don't appreciate our art and you have upset us all."

a litt bit sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 IzzyStraddlin?

Can i just say, and i dont know if anyones said this already, but i really really really hate Blue.

Thanks for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

try to ignore britney spears/blue/pop in general. it innae possible cap'n.

Advertisement