Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Messages

Options
  • 03-05-2002 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

I dont know if this has been asked before but there is an option in the cp to have a popup window notifying you of a new private message. I have this set as yes but when I receive a new message i dont get a popup window. Does this functionality work or am I missing something.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

same happens to me. it used to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

about 1 in 10 of my pm's actually pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Any chance of adding a link on the main page stating that you have "x new messages". At least then every time I go to boards I can see if i have new messages rather than having to go to the user cp page, which I hardly ever go to unless im sending a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by lynchie
    Any chance of adding a link on the main page stating that you have "x new messages". At least then every time I go to boards I can see if i have new messages rather than having to go to the user cp page, which I hardly ever go to unless im sending a pm

You mean like somthing thats in my attactment.

Also none messages pop up for me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by azezil
    about 1 in 10 of my pm's actually pop up

:eek: :eek: You mean to tell me that at least 10 people have actually PM'd you?!?!:eek: :eek:

Good God.....

Originally posted by Neil3030

:eek: :eek: You mean to tell me that at least 10 people have actually PM'd you?!?!:eek: :eek:

Good God.....
    i have alot of stalkers :p

Now that i think of it i think they only pop up the first time you recieve a pm from someone. ie. if neil here pm'd me, cause he hasn't done so b4 i think it'd pop up. A second pm wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

For some reason I keep getting a copy of azezils PM's ,

they all goto bubbles re: some seriously disturbing stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

You mean like somthing thats in my attactment.

Yeah something similar to that. It doesnt have to have all that was in the attachment but someting like the following

Originally posted by Slydice
    For some reason I keep getting a copy of azezils PM's ,

they all goto bubbles re: some seriously disturbing stuff :(
    its back to the pen with you sheepy ...

/bubbles he knows to much, time to impliment operation 'impale Slydice on a spud', you know what you must do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by lynchie

Yeah something similar to that. It doesnt have to have all that was in the attachment but someting like the following

that attachment was taken from here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin. Thats already implemented there. But it would be nice to add it the main page

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

i enabled the pop up option but while i did get SOME popups when i clicked on them it did not open the message and just did some strange things... so i turned it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Im sure I got pop ups before the last 2 upgrades.
    Bet cloud broke it. :)

Sorry ..Bet cloud enhanced it.

same for me... (ditto)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey John,

PM notification in all it's wondrous forms (mail, pop-ups) seems to be b0rken (unless someone's just now fixed it).

Can you un-b0rken it for us?

Cheers,
    Al.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Maybe if you fixed if Cloud you might see that you have a PM from me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh I see you replied.. didn't get a notification by mail..
    Or popup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah the first 2 or 3 PM's poped up but bow none of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How about a "save draft" space as some people have waaay too many messages for one person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement