Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work is poxy

• 03-05-2002 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Is it just me?
    or is every job absolute ****e!

bomb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Batfink

Work is the pits ! But hey it pays the bills and you get to suft the net most of the day , now i would like to hear from someone who actually loves their job ??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i love my job!
    well.....the bit where i get to leave it and not have to be there till the next day\next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by bombidol
    Is it just me?
    or is every job absolute ****e!

bomb

then get a better job that you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i cant like a job, ive had loads of them and sometimes i like it for about a month then it just gets old real quick.
    Like now i have a real handy job fixing puters but i dont bother my arse getting up most of the time, i just let the work pile up.
    I just have serious views on work , i cant justify working my arse off only to retire and be too old to do anything. i cant work for somebody who is paying me the bare minimum he has to , while hes raking it in off my work.
    I hate the formalitys the dress code's the politness the whole "Business" thing, i guess thats why im opening my own shop, to get away from it all. Ill gladly wade through ****e to work for myself, if i have to work it might aswell be something i love.

I remember working in dunnes stores once and i made like 4 people quit in a week talking like i am now, they realised that they were fodder for the "man" i wasnt far after them.
    bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Excellent attitude to life there bomb ..... I LIKE IT !

• Advertisement

I think Dunnes thought i was a plant from Pennys or something!

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ahahah please please , come to centra some time !please !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

The point is then that you find a job in an area that you like doing. You ignore the injustices in your job, make sure you are getting enough money to live, that you look forward to going into work and learning something new/taxing yourself.

If not then you struggle through until you get home and you talk with friends/hang out with your girlfriend, whatever. If you start thinking like that, it's quite hard to enjoy life.

I know it a cliche, but it really is a matter or appreciating the small things in life.

Gav

i gotta take an english course

go to www.unamerican.com get some free F U C K WORK stickers
    great site, i printed out loads of their flyers and put them up around my desk in the job, when people walk in they see a big sheet that says
    "DESTROY WHAT BORES YOU ON SIGHT"

funny stuff to see you boss walk in and go, ehh... okay........

bomb

its always been my theory in life that the day begins at 5 and everything before that is punishment for past crimes

bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Spoken with the wisdom of a twentry year old me thinks.....
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Having worked in several jobs for the last 4 years of my young 20 year life, this 'wise' advice has kept me going through one or two crap jobs.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Batfink
    Work is the pits ! But hey it pays the bills and you get to suft the net most of the day , now i would like to hear from someone who actually loves their job ??:D

I like my job - I'd love it if they paid me more ;o)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You should have your own column in the Irish times, I'd read it :)
    I feel the same about most jobs, living a large fraction of your life by someone elses watch, under someones thumb, working for less than you're worth, with people you can't stand.
    It's as if we're all born into slavery... some points I think FightClub played out beautifully.

I think happyness in a job comes mostly from the people you work with... no job is fulfilling if you're working with a load of crabby, backstabbing, so-and-so's... what keeps me in a job are the people I've gotten to know and like... it's a quality of life thing really, keep moving till you find the place you want to be.

You sound properly motivated to work for yourself though, best of luck with it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I actually love my job! But christ trying to find it was a bitch.

There should be some kind of happiness assesment with your job profile. Like I'm going to pay you €18000 a year BUT I also gaurantee you no misery or it's gonna be €23000 but you're gonna be overworked and all your colleauges are arseholes.

It'd make the decision making process a hell of a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the main gripe here seems to be boredom and unhappiness

(duh!)

the only solution is to find exactly what bothers you and then do something about it.

bombidol - u said that you hated corprate wear, boring jobs, etc
    and you found a solution - make your own job in something that you are interested in.

personally i like my job - it pays me enough for me enjoy my life, the dress code is very relaxed (i work for a large multi-national).
    the enviornment is cool and every one gets along.

i've started to realise that this is a bit unusual in ireland but in previous places where i worked (in the usa) it was the same. i think its just a matter of getting a job that you like, and make sure that the none work part is ok to.
    do the staff there look happy?
    any unusual perks? ( i arrived in 3.5hrs late yesterday and it was cool)

just my .02€

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I just have serious views on work , i cant justify working my arse off only to retire and be too old to do anything.

I get what ya mean Bomb, it would be nice to have the time to enjoy life while there's still some life in you :)

however, I tell myself it can always be worse, if I was born millions of years ago I would be freezing my ass off in some cave trying to keep an eye on the kids and hoping the hairyman actually survives the hunt and brings back some meat without being eaten by wolves.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, well, im going to lock this as it has no point.
    bomb, if you dont like your work, then its really your own problem.
    take it into your own hands and do something about it, but people who whinge and moan and cant be arsed to do anything about it really bore me.

you are now officially boring me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement