Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two versions of U2 Elevation?

Options
  • 03-05-2002 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Are there two versions of the elevation track,perhaps a different one on the album to the single?On 2FM the other day they played it,but it wasnt the version you normally hear.Some of the music was slightly different.It wasnt a remix-it sounded more like a practise version of the track.Any1 know where it comes from?It didnt sound to great to be honest.More common version is alot better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I'm not into U2 alot so I'm not sure whether i'm right on this or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Elevation is one of their old songs and was just recently re-recorded for Tomb Raider or something. You probably heard the old version. I don't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The one that was released was the Tomb Raider mix, the one on the last album was the normal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Cheers.IMO the newer version is alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, Elevation - classic U2 lyrics

"Edge!"
    "What, Bono"
    "Can you think of anything rhyming with "mole"?"
    "Here's a list"
    "Thanks, song written"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

True the lyrics mightnt make any sense when you actually think about them but it has a damn good sound!:) And anyway loads of decent bands make lyrics that make no sense at all.Take Oasis for example-what the f-uck was a Wonderwall???:confused: But we still liked the song:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement