Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is The American Health System Really This Bad?

• 03-05-2002 7:11pm

Welcome to being poor and uninsurable!!!!!! In America, you are only allowed to have
    insurance if you are healthy. In America, health is big business and high profit.

I mean... I could have paid out of pocket for this **** when used to do hair which was
    decent cash but after I broke 3 vertebrae, I just can't stand up too long at one time. I
    have a 5 inch long mass in my left breast to make me even more uninsurable (which is
    SUPPOSED to be tested every 6 months but it has been 1 1/2 years because I can not
    ****ing pay for it) and to top that off, I have a lump that makes a horseshoe type
    shape AROUND my thyroid that, as if there was any doubt, also makes it impossible for
    me to be insured... and in CASE you are curious, I was one of the thousands randomly
    dumped off Tennessee's state insurance plans AND I can not apply for
    Medicare/Medicaid because my husband is NOT a U.S. citizen.

I read this at a friend of a friends web site http://www.sinnocence.com. Surely a 'the world's greatest democracy' isn't this bad!

[edit]btw the non US citizen husband is my mate (born in scotland) so this isn't an immigration type dilemna (or at least it would be even more of a disgrace if it was).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

maybe start wondering why the Irish health service is so bad, before taking on the States. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Tell Kitty to move to Canada :OP
    And the Irish health service isn't that bad, this is a small country, it can't afford to give free healthcare to natives, never mind foreigners.
    Is BUPA/VHI that expensive? It's not to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by eth0_
    this is a small country, it can't afford to give free healthcare to natives, never mind foreigners.
    This is about healthcare not 'foreigners'.

Originally posted by eth0_

And the Irish health service isn't that bad, this is a small country, it can't afford to give free healthcare to natives, never mind foreigners.
    Is BUPA/VHI that expensive? It's not to me.

thats probably why most of the parties these days put healthcare in the top three problems they going to deal with.
    and it's not bupa that is expensive, but waiting for a whole nighter just get examined is too much, waiting list and so on.
    Do you actually live in Ireland Eth? You seem to totaly miss the point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Erm..you know I live in Ireland. But Ireland hasn't the worst healthcare system in the world. I hope you're not one of those people who gets pissy in the ER when they're waiting hours to have a sprained knee looked at, while people with stab and shotgun wounds get seen before you :OP

• Advertisement

well , you know as well as i do , that the healthcare does not have to be this way.
    things can be done better.
    agree ?

Advertisement