Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm stuck

Options
  • 03-05-2002 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm 16 and in 5th year. Came over to Ireland in 1996 from Wales.

I'm not getting on very well with my step father, and a lot of locals also. You know. skangers, knackers, scumbags etc etc.

It's driving me so incredibly insane that I have decided to head off home back to Wales.

But I have the problems related to education.
    I don't really feel like continuing secondary school in Wales because everyone I used to be in school with have already finished due to the difference in the education systems etc. (they don't have transtion year) and I am sworn enemy of the lower class (the one's that I would have to study with).

Another option is to spend some years developing my skills and portfolio and try and skim my way into Art college. My standards in Art and Graphics design are considered quite high.

What are my chances? And are there any ways around GCSE's like home study courses or something that can give me the qualifications to get into Art College.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Dorset College offers correspondance Leaving Cert courses, Dublin Tutorial Centre offers A-levels,not sure if they have correspondance tho. If ya go back to Wales ya could do a foundation year in art college, dont know the ins and outs of it but just giving the idea!
    Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Haven't found any fountadtion courses as of yet, though.

What do you mean by "correspondance Leaving Cert courses"?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

have u looked at College Commerce in Cork,ya don't need points it goes on intreviews,if they see that u have da flare and talent in what u want 2 do dares probably no problem, you should check out the prospectus,

>DMX<
    "it had just begun but it was really the end"

Did I mention I wanted to leave Ireland?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

You can drop the abuse, he made it perfectly clear he wanted to leave Ireland in his first post.
    seamus

>DMX<:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by DMX
    <SNIP>

>DMX<:mad:

:rolleyes:

You're probably one of the people he's trying to get away from.

If he's shaved his head, except for a little tuff at the front, wearing a football shirt, and constantly asking strangers with walkman's "Whatchya Lis'nin Tah?", he probably is one of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by Oeneus
    What do you mean by "correspondance Leaving Cert courses"?
    I mean home study LC. you send off to them, they send you notes, you send back work and its marked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

your screwed man.....try and get an apprenticeship or something

Advertisement