Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get a RJ45 Termination Tool cheap!!

• 03-05-2002 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Sorry for posting a "where can I buy" question but I have tried all the online retailers in Ireland I can think of and none of them have any tools. I kinda need it very urgently, so I'd rather buy it in Ireland where I could pick it up myself and not have to wait on it been delivered.
    Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Compustore sell them for around €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine Peats and Maplins would also have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

I bought one from Peats for €30, the very first time I used it, it broke. The high quality ones cost €100+. I was hoping to pick up a good quality one for about €70 online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

It's a lot easier than you think. Just look up your golden pages under electrical wholesale. All these guys sell networking kit (Cable, crimps, tools, wallboxes). Quite a few of them open on Saturday mornings - and the kit is pretty good. I got a really good crimper for €50. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Does anyone know is there a "dual version" available ?
    I.E. RJ11 and RJ 45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

Aye! Most termination tools are dual versions. They have two holes in them or some come with different sized die sets which are interchangable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

NEVER buy a plastic one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Maplin do a good crimper for like €26 or something like that....its on the display of tools to the right of the large buying area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Samson
    Does anyone know is there a "dual version" available ?
    I.E. RJ11 and RJ 45.

Farnell [1] - they have one for about e20 +VAT that does RJ45 (8 pole) only and an RJ12 (6 pole) for about e32 +VAT I think. The standard phone connector is an RJ11 and the smaller slot (RJ12) can do this.

Regards...jmcc
    [1] http://www.farnell.com/ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'd imagine that i's also worth enquiring with Beltronics. They're based near the Naas Road and, if I remember correctly, deal directly with business clients only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement