Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riddle me this.....

Options
  • 03-05-2002 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

This is really confusing me and was wondering is it happening around the country:

Where I live has moved into a different constituency following the recent shift in boundaries and seats etc a while a ago. It was Dublin NE and it's now Dublin NCentral. Why then, when I look at a streetlamp a few 100m down the road do I see a poster for Deirdre Heney (NorthCentral) directy above a poster for "Berties Team" of Woods and Brady (both NE) .

I know it's not a particularly important point and the cynics out there will tell me to get on with my life blah but I just wonder about what kind of regulations are in place for the candidates as regards keeping within their boundaries. People who didn't know any better could head to the polls thinking they're voting for a certain set of people only to discover their names ain't on the paper.

Any thoughts? Or shall I just go write to the Irish Times! hehe

Advertisement