Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank screen of death

• 03-05-2002 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Not sure this shouldn't be on the OS board but here goes :

Sometimes when I boot my computer, (it hurts! Da-dum-tisch) it goes through the boot sequence, but brings up a blank screen when it's done, and won't accept any input. Has anybody ever had this problem before?

I've heard that the win98SE CD has a system restore program that examines your system files and replaces any that have changed. Would that be a good thing to do or would I just over write all my directx, etc. drivers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

could be a video card proby..maybe.. i updated me Trident 3d card and the pc wouldnt start hehe...except the auld blank screen..does safe mode work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A re-boot usually fixes it. The video card (Tnt2) isn't new so it'd be weird if it was failing now.

Advertisement