Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business & Language Courses

• 04-05-2002 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭

Hi, is anyone here doing a business and language course? Where? Like it or not? Where would you recommend?

Thanks for any advice or replies! I have my eyes on Business & German or French (Business and French really but don't think I will get the points) in Trinity but I am wondering whether that is my first choice because it sounds like the best course or just because it is Trinity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I'd advise you to do BESS instead and you can study french or german as an optional extra. This way you will have a better choice of subjects in 2nd 3rd and 4th year. You even get a choice whether you want to go and study abroad in third year.
    If you pick B&L your subject choice is very limited. You will be sorry after 1st year if you pick B & L. Why limit your choice when you dont have to.
    The great thing about BESS is that you decide your own fate. There are 10 different degree options. Plus there is the added bonus of picking French or German as an optional extra. It is only an extra subject in 1st year. (About 40% pick one of them, I picked german) In 2nd year you can pick the language as 1 of your subject choices or as an extra.
    The main point again is not to limit your options. Trust me.

Bess and Business lang in Trinity appear to be the most popular business courses on the CAO and this is reflected through the points they command. The great thing about Trinity is its international reputation and also the ease of access. The social life is excellent too!

check out http://www.tcd.ie/Courses/coursbess.html

Advertisement