Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE5.5

• 09-06-2001 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Wanted to put off IE6 for a while (had read bad things about the beta), the link you posted, do you know if the ME install would be ok on Win98?

Already went through my Cover discs, no joy

It does the install as it's downloading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Last time I used the Windows own Update
    Thingy, it messed up my internet connection and I ended up formatting the computer.

Now there's a happy thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ConUladh:
    the link you posted, do you know if the ME install would be ok on Win98?
    </font>
    Nope- I don't know for sure, but I'd really expect that it would be ok.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Already went through my Cover discs, no joy
    </font>

Try any PCLive! ones? ... they usually have it.

Personally, I'd just stick with Opera ... version 5.11 is well nice smile.gif

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Hmm, I'll go through the CDs I have again,

Going to install Opera and Mozilla at some stage but only reinstalled Windows the other day and want to get everything back to normal first

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

PCGamer has it always. Doesn't ahve 6 yet.

I went through my PCW CDs again except this time I also had a look at the DVD I got when I bought the DVD edition in England a few months ago and yep it was there.

On that note does anyone know of anywhere you can get the DVD edition of PCW in Ireland? Subscription is ridiculously over priced (for anyone outside UK), I emailed Easons a few months ago and they just said they don't stock it

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can get the full installation files for IE5.5,

Anywhere I go (Microsoft, CNET, ZDNet)all I get is an installer that when run maintains a connection to download and install the istallation files

Wantto wdownload in work and copy onto a CD to bring home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Why not just get IE6?

have you tried magazine coverdiscs for IE5.5? it's probably your best bet.

if you download and run the installer program in work it will download all the necessary components for IE into a directory called something like Windows Update Files. Just copy that directory to your home machine and run the setup program.

Both machines may have to have the same o/s (both NT or both 2000 or both 98 or whatever).

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Advertisement