Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering your ADSL connection

Options
  • 04-05-2002 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Like many of you on this board who have been on the I-Stream trial I to find the price to high.But I was wondering if you can transfer your account to another phone number(different house)if the persons line passed the test with out incuring any charges??
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yes, full charges for equipment and installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Are you sure Boston?
    Who told you this and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Sorry, I've read this post several times and I can't really get the gist of what beomont is asking here. Can anyone explain what he's hoping to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Actually, i have to say I got a bit confused here as well.

What im wondering is what happens when i move out of my rented appartment (no plans to do so, but its a possibility). Will I have to pay installation all over again? (Im assuming i will have to , but can keep my modem etc)

I *think* what beaumont is asking is can he give his 'trial offer' to a friend whos line has passed the test, can afford the service and wants that special offer (no modem or installation fees).

In which case, i would assume that its not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

He wants to know if he can transfer his current ADSL service account to another house without incurring the installation charges.

I doubt they'd let you do it, it's a different site and they'll need to get someone out to install the splitter.

Remember kids; Eircom Hate You. You're putting a dent in their profits by suggesting we should even be allowed have DSL in the home. Why should they make life easy for us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Ahh. I think I see now what he wants. I assume he wants to be able to feed off the neighbour's ADSL supply then and share the cost, and at the same time the neighbour wouldn't pay an installation fee as beomont would have transferred his account to the neighbour?

IMO, not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 beomont

Dustaz hit the nail on the head,since I can't aford it I was hoping to give it to a mate who works from home-hence saving him the charges.Thanks for all the replies guys but as Pie said
    "Remember kids; Eircom Hate You" :So why would they give an inch...................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

According to Brenda in Eircom ADSL sales, if you move you pay the remainder of the 12 month contract for the original premises and the full installation cost (and new 12 month contract) for the new premises. The adsl modem you buy so thats yours.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

jebus they sure know how to screw ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

Does anyone know if these charges are included in the wholesale offering or just the retail ?

Cos they dont sound "cost-based" to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement