Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Radeon LE, Kryo 2 ......

• 09-06-2001 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hey do u guys know anything about the 32MB ATI LE chip? Apparently they are a version of the DDR version that failed the hyper Z test,and are then sold onto a different manufacturer. They then sell them cheap.Heres the deal: Apparently via a simple registry hack you can make it (for all purposes) a full blown DDR card.

That is what I have gathered from various foums/people. They can be got for $70 from the US.So what do you think?

Also, how good is the Kyro 2 ?! Has anyone seen it in action with HL or Tribes 2 or something? If I don't go for the ATI, i may well go for the Herc 4500 Kyro 2 64MB.

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 09-06-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

FOr the full lowdown on the LE, go to www.anandtech.com and read there article, its a lot more complicated then you said in some cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if you can get them for about the same price then definitly go for the Kyro. it'll easily outperform the radeon in the vast majority of games.

I personally wouldn't take the chance that an underperforming (memory and core speeds are lower) radeon may be able to be overclocked and have hyperz enabled.. just go with the kyro.

Advertisement