Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senior Republican advocates ethnic cleansing

Options
  • 04-05-2002 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

...and then of course, quickly backs down and moderates his 'opinions'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,709919,00.html
    Dick Armey, majority leader in the House, shocked a primetime television audience when he said in a chat-show interview, that East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza - all occupied by the Israeli army since the 1967 war - should be considered a part of Israel proper. He was "content to have a Palestinian state", but argued that such an entity could be set up inside other Arab countries.

"There are many Arab nations that have many hundreds of thousands of acres of land and soil and property and opportunity to create a Palestinian state. I happen to believe the Palestinians should leave."

And, I love this, just to higlhight how open minded the most senior Republican in the house of representatives is:
    Although Mr Armey retires after elections this year and is likely to be succeeded by the arguably more extreme Mr DeLa, he is unlikely to spend his retirement seeing the world: "I've been to Europe once," he said, in 1998. "I don't have to go again."

The U.S has previously supported and acquiesced ethnic cleansing in the Balkans, and it appears some would love to see a repeat in the ME. But remember, if anyone calls you on it, just climb down, and clarify your remarks.
    Mr Armey later backed down slightly and said he did not believe "peaceful Palestinian civilians should be forcibly expelled" but only those who supported terrorist acts.

Like anyone has ever made the distinction.

Advertisement