Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNL & Cut Off

• 09-06-2001 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Sorry if this is creating yet another SNL thread but i thought it too important... or maybe its been said before.

I sent an e-mail to esat customer care about their cut off and whether you would be billed at local call rates after u have been cut off or whether you would just be 'CUTOFF' (Unable to connect to IOL).

I quote "Once the termination of the account has taken place, you will no longer be
    able to use the free off peak access. All calls will be charged as a local call by your phone provider.Once the termination of the account has taken place, you will no longer be able to use the free off peak access. All calls will be charged as a
    local call by your phone provider."

Watch your ar$es ppl. Make sure you've got the right cut off date for your account. The last thing you need is an enormous telephone bill for those final days u just stayed connected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

SNL number wouldn't allow me to connect last night, which standas to reason as I think my billing period ends around now and I am due to be booted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i just called IOL and was told "once your account has been cancelled on the 8th/16th or 24th of this month you will not be able to connect to the nolimits service".
    (ie) 1332103001235 will not let you on.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Negotiator

I wish they'd take their fingers out of their ears when their being told this stuff and not make up their own versions mad.gif. This all just goes to prove that their thick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What if you had maintained a constant connection to SNL before, during and after the date you were due to be cut off? Could they have physically disconnected you?

Just wondering cos I was due to be cut off on the 8th, connected at 6pm on the 8th and stayed conn'd until about 7am the next morning. Couldn't connect later that evening though. So *just say* I stayed connected during the peak hours on the 9th and forever ever after, would I have been able to stay on? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PiE:
    What if you had maintained a constant connection to SNL before, during and after the date you were due to be cut off? Could they have physically disconnected you?

Just wondering cos I was due to be cut off on the 8th, connected at 6pm on the 8th and stayed conn'd until about 7am the next morning. Couldn't connect later that evening though. So *just say* I stayed connected during the peak hours on the 9th and forever ever after, would I have been able to stay on? smile.gif
    </font>
    then nothing, they cant charge you, it wont be on your eircom bill, they way try the old direct debit trick and get it in as internet calls on your next bill, but by law they have to provide you will a account of the times you logged into your account and what you were charged with, if they dont match up to the direct debit then you can have there **** .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i know some1 who was cut off and he said that after about 8 numbers are dialed his modem gets and ingaged tone.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

Advertisement