Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus ISDN setup for 128k

• 09-06-2001 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭

Folks,

Can anyone tell me what the best way is to configure the Asus 128k ISDN internal TA is, for 128k access. I have enabled multilink & BOD in the card's configuration, but have had erratic success.
    When network activity reaches the threshold set to enable the second channel, I usually get a pop up message to enter my username and password. Entering my DUN username/password does not appear to work and usually results in losing my connection altogether after a couple of minutes.
    Some times the second channel kicks in perfectly, with no configuration changes made.
    I have no additional devices setup in the multilink section for my dial up networking connection, but this appears to make no difference when configured. I am using the free UTV & Oceanfree accounts.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I just made a new connection used the number for my local dial up unticked all the network yokes apart from tcp/ip and network compression then added multi link and chose channel 1 (my default is 0)and hey presto having said that sometime if my isp is chocker block then they only alow me one connection so i usal switch to another less busy isp.

Stone biggrin.gif
    ps im useing a icon deva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vicadd:
    Folks,

Can anyone tell me what the best way is to configure the Asus 128k ISDN internal TA is, for 128k access. I have enabled multilink & BOD in the card's configuration, but have had erratic success.
    When network activity reaches the threshold set to enable the second channel, I usually get a pop up message to enter my username and password. Entering my DUN username/password does not appear to work and usually results in losing my connection altogether after a couple of minutes.
    Some times the second channel kicks in perfectly, with no configuration changes made.
    I have no additional devices setup in the multilink section for my dial up networking connection, but this appears to make no difference when configured. I am using the free UTV & Oceanfree accounts.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    </font>

Im assuming your not on a Local Area Network when I say this, But remove Client for Microsoft Networks, sometimes if you dont log in (in the eyes of windows), when you try to make a network connection, it asks you to log in.

I.e. when you try 2 access the net, its asking you to log on.

Your Dial up connection, make sure "Log on to network" is disabled !

besides that it shud be okey =)

When I set up a 128 K connection using buy&sell.net, the ISDN TA i used had two diff modem lines, Line #0 and #1. I had to set up a DUN connection and then set it to use Multilink PPP and use the other line.

RentZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Removing Client for Microsoft Network worked - seems to connect perfectly now. Only problem is that I can no longer save my password in Dial up networking - I assume this was managed by the Microsoft network client. It's not a major problem though.
    Thanks for the help.

Advertisement