Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elitist Groups at CTYI?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Yes. Everybody is normal. But in their own unique and unusual way. :)

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

You seem to have missed the point, I amn't trying to say everybody is the same. Just that everybody is normal, there are subtle differences. It's just a theory I came up with to shut up loser people who class themselves as non-conformists or different -- you are not a rebel, you are not different.* Deal with it.

* Not directed at anybody in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

.. the RAs were pretty liberal both years I worked there (2001/2000) .. I mean, there weren't any shackles and things, and lots of smiling.

no?

david

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

well you were nice and smiley :) but there was a lot less debauchery and such as there should have been. i dunno though, i plan to change all that this year... mwahahahahahahaahahaaaaaa. :D

everyone is what they want to be: if you think you're normal then you are, if you want to be a freak then be one. don't pay attention to the world at large if you can help it, they'll only screw you up more than you need to be. besides, who honestly gives a crap?! alk3 is right, wanting to be different is normal. we all go through phases.

sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I dunno... something about saying "everyone is normal" just doesn't fit... I mean, normal should be the common denomonator... i do get bobs point, but i don't know if it really addresses the issue... he finds a common link between all people and hence says everyone is normal. Equally it could've been said that all people are in fact PEOPLE! WOW! but that would not have been taken on board...

I don't think the word normal can be used in the world today (40 years back and yes, but now... no.). Perhaps conservative would be more fitting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

everybody-is-people-stop-people-are-conservative-stop-we-are-quality-stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

What I'm trying to say is that you can be as wierd or geeky as you want. You can be what ever or whoever you want, because really, if you're gonna base your whole existence on other ppls opinions, then your existence is gonna become pretty torn and pathetic...

Of course you left out that if nobody associates with you because of your weirdness then your life is pretty much meaningless anyway. Weird people who believe they are meaningless can do very evil things to prove that they are not (meaningless)

mi2c

b

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I am Me. I am not classified as anything as i tend to really hate when people try and classify me. and anyway, according to some slang dictionary, CTYI'ers would be closer to Nerds i.e someone with above average mental ability with below average social skills.

Foobar has spoken (or have i? there is no spoon)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Aaah!
    I didn't see that coming.
    Just flicking thru the topics starting with the last working up to the first and then i noticed 'i had' started this one.

Damn you Fio!!! :p
    You caught me off guard with that one.

Please tell me it was you or else my short term memory loss is getting a LOT worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by halenger
    Damn you Fio!!! :p
    You caught me off guard with that one.

Please tell me it was you or else my short term memory loss is getting a LOT worse...

hehe, it was me :)

Trying to tidy the boards up a little, too many discussions stuck in rambling threads so i split them up and sent them onto a merry new way :)

[that and i like playing with the moderator buttons :P ]

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
Advertisement