Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway ADSL

Options
  • 04-05-2002 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Ok, I recieved word off a friend of mine today that about 2 days ago he was rang by and errorcom rep and was asked if he would like to take part in ADSL triels for the Galway area.
    Now my only problem with this was that he couldnt Remember whether it was I-Stream or HighSpeed he was offered, but he did ask that it was Broadband being offered and the Rep said yes.
    Just wondering if any1 has any info on this and also the Number to contact Errorcom for these trials (Tried 1800512128 other day and was told that it wouldnt be availible tfor six months to a year)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i doubt that they would be trialling ISDN.

Considering all major exchanges are upgraded around the country, see a previous post, i wouldn't be surprised if they are offering trials for ADSL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by sikes

Considering all major exchanges are upgraded around the country, see a previous post, i wouldn't be surprised if they are offering trials for ADSL

Do you believe everything you read? That source is unconfirmed so stop treating it like gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 keithwhir

wich part of Galway was your friend from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Ok, I recieved word off a friend of mine today that about 2 days ago...

Seeing as it's up for commerical launch in under 10 days, I seriously doubt they'll be running more trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

He's from ballybane.
    Well according to him they were offering it.. also he aint got any use for "Commercial" adsl considering he doesnt own a Business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

i was on to ESAT and they said it will be 6 months b4 it hits here in ATHENRY at best i allso phone eircon(please note it EIRCON not EIRCOM) the con part sounds better they were ready to install it there and then but i hold out for 2 months b4 i get set up and see whats going to happen

nice to see others GALWAY USERs on the boards:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There's a massive crowd of us.
    Cloud is from Galway.

Was it Seadna who was offered it? Is he taking it?
    Does he ahve to pay?
    Tell him to get the engineer to come out to my place and remove the DACS line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I want ADSL , A.S.A.P !!
    Neveron landwars are too expensive in RL with ISDN

just wondering does any1 have the number your ment to ring about the adsl trials? wanna give it ago tomorrow if I can.

tell us what they say ya , :)

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting to ring them as I had the number but alas I lost it again.
    Just wouldlike to know if any1 has the number handy (not the 1800512128)

Just wondering if any1 has that number for the trials... would be the same one as the one when trials were in dublin yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Well, the number that was used in Dublin for the trials was 1800-202275. Although, I could almost swear that it's being used for something else by Eircom now, I can't be 100%.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

Considering all major exchanges are upgraded around the country, see a previous post, i wouldn't be surprised if they are offering trials for ADSL.

Do you believe everything you read? That source is unconfirmed so stop treating it like gospel.

I guess it's understandable that without any proof you feel my information can't be believed. I will say this, however, galway is another area which has been ADSL capable for the past 4 months.

I have no way I can prove it; so you'll just have to take my word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

How much does it cost to take part in these trials? I'm assuming because they're "trials", it's free? I'm not tight - just sensible!

Just off the fone from eircom there and YES!!! there are trials for adsl going on atm. I'm awaiting a call back from some gentleman/Lady however i dont now exactly when that will be as this is eircom after all. Once I have details I will post them here.
    As far as my friend was told it should be around 400 euro for the trial and then u must buy the modem. Thats a rough estimate and please allow for any errors.
    The number I rang was 1800202275 and u must specify that you are looking for the Galway I-Stream Trial. I had to tell the lady on the fone twice before she checked and I was told that they are indeed availible however they will not take orders.
    RAR!
    I'll post here the moment I get any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

:D

Yup got the same answer. Gonna call me back tomorrow!

I think I will turn to god if i get it ;)

Adam

Yea... If the price puts you off (dont know it yet) a few of us...well about 10 are gonna use the connection for the wan which in theorey should give us a conn of 51.2Kb each for a reduced rate.
    Its and idea...
    anyways I'll wait for the other info (Prices and such) before I make a decision.

ohhhhh yaaaaaaaa, and if this dont work i can still get sat. :rolleyes:

Just off the fone to eircom after not recieving that fone call and according to that 1800202275 number there are no trials in Galway for ADSL, I then contacted the head office who put me through to a completely different number which the lady had no idea but took my details and will be sending me on an email...
    and ppl ask why we hate eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

Just off the fone to eircom after not recieving that fone call and according to that 1800202275 number there are no trials in Galway for ADSL, I then contacted the head office who put me through to a completely different number which the lady had no idea but took my details and will be sending me on an email...

They said the exact same thing to me!! Just took my phone number and that was it!! :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

The Same

Got told exactly opposite to what i was told last night :(

"Random Answer........show them what you do!"

in fact, this drone didn't even know what dsl was FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

http://www.irishwan.org/board/showthread.php?postid=2462#post2462

Cor has kindly posted up info on the exchanges and their availability.
    I'm on the 0915xxxxx exchange and on a DACS line, so I'm royally fúck from the word go.

Just off the phone from errorcom again and have been told that there are definitly no Trials on in Galway. they said that there wont b trials anywhere else in the country as the Dublin trials where the only trials going on. Also She told me that there wont be DSL in Galway for quite some time as they shall only be upgrading the exchanges within the next few months.
    FFS..Us poor Galway ****s..

So any1 intersted in joining a Wan in teh Galway area. The connection will be an always on 64k connection.
    price per month will be between €60-30 depending on members..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ironfist77

I rang eircom today about its adsl service and its availability in Galway ," could be up to a year before it comes to Galway" he said, depending on the uptake in Dublin. Can you believe that , a whole year, I think I’m going to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by ironfist77
    I rang eircom today about its adsl service and its availability in Galway ," could be up to a year before it comes to Galway" he said, depending on the uptake in Dublin. Can you believe that , a whole year, I think I’m going to cry.
    You should probably be ringing ESAT. They seem to be the ones most active outside Dublin, and they're providing it on arguably better terms. I think ESAT are already doing Ballina with more exchanges to come in that direction.

Originally posted by longword

You should probably be ringing ESAT. They seem to be the ones most active outside Dublin, and they're providing it on arguably better terms. I think ESAT are already doing Ballina with more exchanges to come in that direction.

Thanks for the advice , gave ESAT a call and they think it will be up and running in galway by june.

did they tell u what part of galway or area code like 091 7:confused:

Originally posted by keithwhir
    did they tell u what part of galway or area code like 091 7:confused:

No , sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement