Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Castle Gigs

• 04-05-2002 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭

What a start! The white Stripes truely rawk!They looked sh1t cool dolled up in their red and white glad rags.
    It has to be said that Dublin Castle is a great outdoor venue.
    Anyone know the name of the choon sung by meg towards the end?

Looking forward to the hives 2morrow. Cant wait to see what they are like live.

The monday gig is gonna be a blast. The Frames, Damien Rice, Bellx1 AND Mundy all in the 1 day........BRILLIANT.......Cant wait!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

It was crap the way they wouldn't allow you bring beer into the front half of the venue - ****ing stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Just back from the Hives gig. They put on a great show although im not too sure about the music. They still rock though. I liked about 4 of their songs but the show made up for it.
    Muse were better than I expected. That last tune ROCKED!
    The revs were panths as expected and what was the story with the annoying drumming at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I missed the revs and would have liked to see em.
    what was the story with the pit being so big?
    Muse were great and Hives were ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Just home from the Frames gig. 2 words.....F**cking Amazing!!!!!
    I rank it as my number 1 gig of all time even ahead of whipping boy back in 1997!!!!!!!!!! ( And that was 1 sh1t cool gig!)
    The Frames cover of Debaser was excellent.
    Damien Rice and Mundy were amazing. BellX1 and Paddy Casey Rocked! Any1 who wasnt there truely missed out. (sorry)
    What an end to a wonderful weekend....I got to go to all 3 of the castle gigs and they were all great.
    Tonight was the the best while the white stripes gig came a close second. The hives put on a great show although i only liked about 4 of their songs. maybe if i had heard their album i might have enjoyed them better.
    Anyway.......F**king excellent weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the frames did indeed rock

i only saw them and damien rice
    its a shame that DR only played for a few songs

v.good none the less

as for the frames...
    ive seen them about 3/4 times in the last year and they never disappoint

they rock!

nice version of debaser
    shame that they didn't finish the version of last goodbye (by jeff buckley)

over all 5/5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

yup frames were good. Pity about Glen's yaketty-yak all the time. I think he was right when he talked about independently-minded people etc but he kept saying it in different ways and by the fourth speech I was really growing restless. Not only did we get the point but I think it's something that doesn't need to be said at all. The sheer volume of people there enjoying the music said enough.

All the same, t'was fun and that's what it's all about.

Agree about The Last Goodbye. Would have been nice.

Advertisement