Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Hip-Hop

Options
  • 04-05-2002 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some European Hip-Hop and was wondering if anybody knew of some good stuff?
    I cant think of much. There's Mc Solaar and Curse and Steiber Twins but I was looking for more.
    Any recomendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

while strictly not european (a term i take to mean "not british"), bristol based - Smith & Mighty definitly sound like german ragga/hip-hop in my book... then again everyone and their dog has their dj kicks album, so this post is a bit pointless :)

anyway for european stuff the only group i would have even heard of are subterraneanz (courtesy of epitonic.com .. great bandwidth hogger) and even then half of them are american.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Supreme NTM , IAM , Cut Killer, Jimmy Jay , Fonky Family - all french hiphop artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Yeh, I started getting into some French HipHop after a trip there, the french laguage just seems to flow so well in rap. Its definatly worth checkin out Alliance Ethnik, they would have been the early breed of french hiphop and well worth a listen. Theres alot out there, favourites of mine are Akhenaton -from IAM, Fonky Family, Solaar and Oxmo.
    Maybe a good place to start would be the Soundtrack to the French film - Taxi, great film too. This has a nice mix of French HipHop.
    British - Roots Manuva
    ...and the godfathers of Irish HipHop - Scary Eire, legends...... get Dole Q by them, its such an amazing song!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Fonky Family, they're good, have heard a few of their songs. I had forgotten their name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

zeb-roc-ski (i think thats it) from germany, he's a good german producer. He did a song with Blade (from Mark B and..) but i dont really like blade so.. good beats tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement