Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Siege

Options
  • 05-05-2002 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I got this recently and must say its one of the few games I've played in a long time that I'm really enjoying.

So does anyone fancy having a few games online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cravian

Rev Hellfire,

It's a compulsive game alright. I recently finished the single player game on Normal and just have started a different tack on Difficult - but I can't see how there's scope to get to anything like level 70+ with your characters in single player before the end.

Anyway, comments aside, if you're up for a multi-player session on-line I'd be willing to have a bash.

cravian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Cool, cannt be next week, but say the following monday. You know the multiplay campain is totally different to the single player one. Dont start it we'll give it a go say on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm is it just me? I started the game after selecting the male character on hardest level... was easy enough till a point.. then became challenging since i was only messing about and not getting into it yet.. will do that later.. but i installed on my laptop and it plays fairly well on 1024x768 but i did not select a character, just the default which is the girl.. she seemed a lot better than the guy... seems to kill the harder enemies a lot better.. is there a difference or is it just me? And yes the laptop is also set to hardest level!

Dont think it makes a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Prometheus01

Excellent game, one niggle though, it locks up my pc every 20 minutes or so, tried installing latest nvidia & via drivers, no luck. Anyone else have this problem? it's such a waste of an excellent game otherwise.:confused: , cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Promethius - does your graphics card support the engine?
    unlikely,but possable,what graphics crad you got?

My pc is made up of these.

Athlon1800XP
    KG7-RAID MotherBoard(VIA)
    Hercules Geforce ti500
    Soundblaster Audigy
    Intel Pro NIC

The card is supported all right, the game plays so much better on the AMD than is does on my other p700, except that it hangs all the time!

I've read from Microsofts site that the answer is to update the VIA 4in1 drivers, didn't work for me & i've since read from other forums that other ppl have updated the via4in1 drivers etc & still have the same problem. I've tried all the usual routines of updating bios, drivers, taking out the soundcard & network card etc *sigh* looks like there's just some obscure incompatibility with some VIA combinations. Roll on all the patches!, until then it's p700 with a gforce MX ( no AGP slot fot the ti500 :( )

cheers,

Theres a beta of the patch out which fixes some of the performance issues.

cheers downloading now...

Advertisement