Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping CDs which have data tracks to mp3

• 05-05-2002 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Whenever I try ripping cds which have data on them aswell, the last track never gets ripped.. I'm using cdparanoia to rip and bladeenc to encode (but it doesn't even get to encoding, it tries to rip and gives up after half a second).

And when I say "the last track", I mean the last music track.. I'm not trying to rip the actual data track to mp3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

And select every track except the data track and it should rip okay. See www.exactaudiocopy.de.
    Should rip no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

that's what i'm doing except it fails to rip the last *audio* track.. I'll check that program out anyways.

Augh, that cd ripper didn't work very well (doesn't like putting files on a samba server, doesn't allow you to specify where to put or how to name .m3u files), but thanks anyways.. Are there any other free windows rippers out there which have extensive file-naming options?

CDex would be perfect for me except for some reason it always rips to 22khz. very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

try grip in GNOME - it'll let you sellect which tracks to rip

Originally posted by sisob
    try grip in GNOME - it'll let you sellect which tracks to rip

WTF? GNOME is a desktop environment. I *was* ripping in gnome, using Grip as a frontend to the ripper cdparanoia and the encoder bladeenc.

Is it clear now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I use a program called ' Audio Catalyst ' to rip mixed data and audio CD's, it just shows u all the tracks data and audio (which u can name properly using the CDDB if you want) and you just check the ones you want to rip. Never had a problem using this program to rip.

Also it does have great file naming options:

audio_cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Kopf

WTF?

dont take that tone of voice with me young man :D

GNOME is a desktop environment. I *was* ripping in gnome, using Grip as a frontend to the ripper cdparanoia and the encoder bladeenc.

ahh ok, personally i use notlame.....

I assume that with grip you selected all the audio tracks. and that the trck that wont rip plays on a stereo(ie. isnt wrecked)

have you tried just selecting the track that wont rip and just ripping it on its own

Advertisement