Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling

Options
  • 05-05-2002 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of building a water cooling system. What i can't find locally ( Dundalk) is nipples for water intake/ exhaust and fine enough sandpaper for lapping, i can only get 460 grit paper. Also where would i get thermal epoxy aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I dont know what you can do about the "nipples", but I couldnt find the right size when I was building mine either, I just bought from the US in the end.

Some car shops (Motorway?) have sandpaper down to 1200 grit, but they dont advertise it as so, they call it Ultra Fine etc.. Its written on the back of the sheets however. Atlantic sell packs of 5 sheets, each a different grade, down to 1000.

I bought Artic Silver Thermal Epoxy from Overclockershideout.com, but I think Maplins in Town may sell some sort of Epoxy now.

Why do you need Epoxy for a watercooling system anyhow,usually its only for attaching heatsinks to Videocard, ram etc? It has fairly restrictive temp. ranges as well (cant go too low, too high).

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Thanks for the help Matt I got grit down to 1500 in me local car shop.

I was going to use the thermal expoxy to keep the grub screws water tight as it is a cross-drilled waterblock. I used teflon tape but when i put up the presure (waterblock connected to the mains) it started to leak. I know it wouldn't be under that much pressure in me system but better to be safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I would like to see some photos of it when its done...

Advertisement