Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Icons & Animations

Options
  • 05-05-2002 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Can anyone, Please, recommend a good place to find icons and those animations you see when, moving, Deleting a file any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

To search on Your own PC:

Start: Find: Files/Folders:

Search for *.ico

Should be a mountain of them in there.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...most of the standard icons are contained as resources in DLLs or executables (EXEs) - use something like MicroAngelo or Axialis's AX-Icons to look through them and pull out what you need from them. EXPLORER.EXE and SHELL32.DLL (both somewhere in the Windows folder(s)) are good places to start.

I think that the animations are stored as AVIs (though some are stored as sequences of icons) - I'm not sure where though. I know I could access copies of them back when I was writing a lot in Delphi, but I don't know whether that was because copies were installed with Delphi or what.

Gadget.

Advertisement