Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lift to Experience?

Options
  • 05-05-2002 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Who are they and are they any good? Should I make the effort to get to the gig when gates open at 3? Where do they hail from? I dont think ive heard of them before. Am I missing out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I finally found out who they are. I got their album 'The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads' this week and its excellent. If your into 'alt-country/americana/cow-punk' then youll like this. If you dont know whether your into 'alt-country/americana/cow-punk' youll probably still like it.
    They are a 3some from Texas and the reason they didnt play at the Frames gig was because one of the band members wives suddenly died. (R.I.P.)

Lift To Experience couldn’t be making music anywhere but Denton, Texas, and at no time but the dawn of a new century. But, like all the best rock’n’roll, their sound is both steeped in their immediate surroundings, their everyday lives, and utterly out of time. There’s something elemental in this music; the same primal charge that rattles through The Pixies, The Birthday Party, The Gun Club; the heady incantations of Jeff Buckley’s ‘Grace’; the dreaming, visionary soundscapes of My Bloody Valentine; the haunted, starlit swirl of Slint. Lift To Experience don’t really sound anything like these bands, but they do share their spirit. This is beautiful, evangelical, unexpected, intoxicating music, sure, music to surrender to – but it’s also a call to arms. Singer Josh Pearson rages as the night gathers around him, in his right hand The Book Of Revelations, on fire.

www.bellaunion.com

The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads’ is, he says simply, “a concept album about the end of the world where Texas is the Promised Land.”

Advertisement