Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hiphop: creative control?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

irishhiphop.com has a load of mp3s from Irish hip-hop acts. They are legal too so no problems in downloading them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

yea, i heard of cc a while ago. they're good. check out exile eye aswell, he just released an album. metabolix are good too, they're new and from cork. check their **** at irishhiphop.com aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

creative controls (and exile eyes) studio releases may well be just about bearable, but live they are distinctly crap.
    having seen them play various venues over the past two years (cc on about 5 or 6 occasions, ee on about 3) all i can say is they are terrible, cant hear a word they are saying most of the time in whatever uncomprehensible accent they have, just spout out their lines, no crowd interaction, poor djing half the time (actually on two occasions the extremely talented mayhem was roped in on their decks, i have never heard his beats and scratchs sound so bad as when coupled with their rhymes), and they always play their godawful "on a bloodrush" track attempting to win over the crowd.. only people who get into it are the 3 fans theyve dragged along with them.
    exile eye to be fair is a bit more talented than the above two at least you can understand what hes saying... but again complete lack of crowd interaction, which basically is what any good mc should be trying to do... rather than just blah blah blah next song etc. etc.

on the turntable-side of hiphop, i dont know if theres any mp3s available of the almighty kormac... but if there is download them, the guy is an absolute genius on the decks, easily the best in ireland... the not quite as good, but very talented mayhem & splyce are worth a look as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

is that exile eye rappin on tha song i posted???
    jesus i've seen him live twice and i couldnt understand a word he was sayin as kali mentioned
    allthough yas have to admit dj mayhem is good on the decks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i shared a mic with exile eye at eamon dorans once, made me realise the difference between hip hop and jungle....

i was all being energetic, trying to get ppl up and dancing etc, got a few ppl up jumping etc. and had a bit of a thing going but as soon as i got off and e e came on they all just sat down again... i thought he was all right for a hip hop mc, i personally couldnt do what he does but it doesnt look as fun as what i do....

creative controle on the other hand.... blood rush is ok messiah j isnt the worst mc by a long shot.... leagues o toole will have them dead in a matter of weeks though...

he hasnt a clue about hip hop or the dublin scene has them supporting indie bands at hot press gigs and so they'll probably be a vague memory within a year. last time i saw them was before they were signed up to volta supporting mark b and blade... last i heard they were supporting damien frost or david kitt or some other spotty indie bloke [could be wrong on the specifics there.

kormac = wicked selecta.... never seen him play a hip hop set but he is a VERY skillful jungle dj and a sound bloke to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by Kali

on the turntable-side of hiphop, i dont know if theres any mp3s available of the almighty kormac... but if there is download them, the guy is an absolute genius on the decks, easily the best in ireland... the not quite as good, but very talented mayhem & splyce are worth a look as well.

Who is Kormac m8? Not sure if I have heard him, is he from Tipperary by any chance? I cant see too many DJ's in Ireland being better than Mayhem & Splyce, those two are pretty damn tight! If there is, I'd love to see them! Saw Craze at Mono a while back, best DJ I have ever seen! Any more info greatly appreciated!

mfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Who is Kormac m8? Not sure if I have heard him, is he from Tipperary by any chance? I cant see too many DJ's in Ireland being better than Mayhem & Splyce, those two are pretty damn tight! If there is, I'd love to see them! Saw Craze at Mono a while back, best DJ I have ever seen! Any more info greatly appreciated!

if you went to craze (who, i have to agree is easily the most amazing dj i have ever witnessed live), then you'll have seen kormac (tallish thin lad), if my memory serves me he played the third set, right before craze.. and played some insane drum n bass that had everyone sweating like **** (floor started getting slippy halfway through this set), then slowed it back down a bit. nobody else in ireland could possibly warm up the crowd for craze better :)

Advertisement