Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Civ3 Score?

Options
  • 05-05-2002 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

i got 3561 warlord, which i thought was pretty good, however,
    the top score to beat is 34654 on deity ( http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3hof/ ) and i wondered if boardsmen were close

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Hummm, I'm still down in the sub 2000's or there abouts. Damn, its a hard game to get a good score in. I keep reaching for SMAC to get better scores...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I can get 5000-6000 at Monarch level but that’s about it. Although I have never looked up any strategies so I suppose I could improve if I made some effort.

[Edit... Just looked at the link above and my socres are in the top 10 at monarch level, really didn't realise]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I haven't finished a game yet :(

My 1st game kept crashing as I acheived a domination victory (level 4 whatever it is).

My 2nd game got too boring cos I had too huge continents to myself and had no chance of losing, even before some bug started creating armies wherever I stacked 4+ units (also level 4).

My 3rd game is on hold cos I'm switching HDs, but I'm sure there's more bugs cos only two civs have coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

my game at the mo has potential, 2200+ at 1870, everybody else in the game fears my wrath, just the way i like it...

the most fun to be had is in a bloolust game on a huge pangaea, survival of the biggest asshole...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i've only ever gotten culture victories :/

haven't played it since the patches came out... i got them, installed them but never played it to see what kind of changes were made :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The patches are good kinda stop most of the dumb stuff like ridiculous turn times and over the top corruption. On the thread topic my top scores are none too impressive and so will remain my private shame.

Originally posted by DapperGent
    The patches are good kinda stop most of the dumb stuff like ridiculous turn times and over the top corruption.

the corruption is still over the top, i prefered when it was based on turns from capitol not squares, so corruption was squashed in the modern age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 The Kool Dued

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Still, all things considered, I still get a kick out of Civ (especially now that I have Winciv)...

I'm still stuck getting sub 2000's in Civ3. But what the hell, this is a game I'll still be playing in 10 years time, so I have plenty of time to improve.

blast, 2890 on warlord, feckin' culture victory ruined everything, it was only 1884

• Advertisement

bleedin' hell, new top score: 63545 on deity, it's inhuman i tells yah

my last game is mid table on warlord, my new game should get on regent level board but 63545 is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There are some tricks being used I bet. Like using a custom map where u have a starting point on a huge continent to yourself while all the rest are stuck on a small island.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    There are some tricks being used I bet. Like using a custom map where u have a starting point on a huge continent to yourself while all the rest are stuck on a small island.

i havent downloaded the new top score games but the old one was on the level (based on 10AD saved game and end game replay), your submitted score has to be on a random map and i think they can see if it's a scenario á la Civ2 (i've not checked)

any how, download the save games and watch the replay, probably just a bit of luck and ridiculous evels of score squeezing,

one trick is to irrigate the whole world (no mines, grow cities to large pops = large score) and pump as much cash into luxuries as possible because happy citizens give your score a big boost, offsetting expenses by cities producing wealth, personally, i cant be ar5ed.

i hate to drag this old chestnut backup (well i dont but others will) but for the record i my new top score is 6980 on regent carry on up the charts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

You're all dead right about the corruption levels....large empires are almost completely unmanagable due to it....

One thing that really annoys me though (and this is really it) are the ridiculous turn times....sometime i've waited up to 5 minitues or more to get back to my turn...

I suppose I really should stop playing with 14 civs on the largest map:rolleyes:

On the topic:

My top score is 2086....not too bad but nothing special though....

Great games Civ...still addicted to it after nearly 7 years...

I've actually reverted to Civ 1 and Civ 2:test of time...odd school pleasures I suppose;)

Originally posted by deco
    One thing that really annoys me though (and this is really it) are the ridiculous turn times....sometime i've waited up to 5 minitues or more to get back to my turn...

are you playing on XP? i've heard that led to much slower play (1.21f patch fixed it), alternatively your PC is ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Using win2k but I think the big problem is that I was palyingon the largest map with the largest number of Civs....

Got back into it again today....

Those Russians are going to pay!

;)

Advertisement