Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism

• 05-05-2002 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

PARIS - Even if extreme right challenger Jean-Marie Le Pen does not become French President, many immigrants and Frenchmen of foreign origin think his electoral progress has damaged cross-cultural relations.

For one thing, they fear he has emboldened closet racists to reveal their true colours.

Mr Frederic Vagenheim, 37, a black third-generation Frenchman, said: 'Le Pen gives legitimacy to those people who did not like foreigners but did not dare to say it before. It makes racism official.'

Jewish chief accountant Maxime Moyal agreed, saying: 'Racists will have more strength and less fear to show it. They won't be afraid to openly discriminate, especially in the work place.'

The Forum of Citizens of the Muslim Culture received over 200 distress calls on Apr 21 after Mr Le Pen came in second in the first round of the presidential poll.

Said its president, Mr Rachid Nekkaz: 'Muslims don't know who's going to protect them against Le Pen's follies. Everybody is afraid of the temptation of an alliance with his National Front party.'

Mr Moyal said many Jews were preparing to leave France. 'We do not feel at ease in a country where we feel disgusted,' he said.

Others said they were ready to pack up and go if Mr Le Pen gets a significant level of support in tomorrow's poll.

'I do not want to have anything to do with Nazis and xenophobes who do not want Arabs, Jews, blacks or foreigners in the country,' said Mr Albert Wajnfeld, director-general of the Jo Goldenberg restaurant in the Jewish quarter of the Marais.

The restaurant, blown up in a 1982 terrorist attack, received phone threats after Mr Le Pen's latest victory.

Others have also been harassed. Sri Lankan Ganeshar said a French co-worker told him: 'When Le Pen comes to power, you can go straight home.'

From: http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/world/story/0,1870,117718,00.html

I cant stand this stuff, do you think there will ever be an Irish candidate with similar views? is there already?

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Le Pen is quoted as saying, as far as my memory serves me
    I eat raw muslims for breakfast, as its not against their prophet

And:
    Of course i believe in the racial inequality, what a banal question

What a fu<khead

Fio, we already have a candidate who is quoted as calling people who commit suicide selfish bastard. i'm sure we'll end up with some racist sh!teater sooner or later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Originally posted by smiles

From: http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/world/story/0,1870,117718,00.html

I cant stand this stuff, do you think there will ever be an Irish candidate with similar views? is there already?

<< Fio >>
    There will be if the media and politicians keep dismissing people who raise legitimate concerns about immigration as "racist".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm really tempted to move this to politics. Keep it on topic (the General Election) or it will be moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Victor
    I'm really tempted to move this to politics. Keep it on topic (the General Election) or it will be moved.

I asked a question about the general election candidates... and everyone (2 people) so far have refered to them... how is this getting off topic?

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Immigration Control Platform - Aine Ni Chonaill - standing in Dublin South Central. Cloaking xenophobia and racism in populist immigration control rhetoric exploiting peoples fears and ignorance about other cultures.

http://62.17.153.131/action.asp?id=15166&news_id=ireland

There's also the miniscule neo-fascist Irish People's Party(sic) but I don't know if they're standing any candidates (there might be a few stooping, with their knuckles dragging on the ground though).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by smiles

<< Fio >>

I can only hope that there will be soon.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

FF's Noel O'Flynn's (in Cork North somethingorother) entire platform seems to be based on getting rid of the refugees & non-nationals from HIS constituency. He gives no proposals on how to deal with the issue, just "Get rid of them". His slogan goes something like "It's your local area, vote for YOUR local area" or something like that, which seems to me to mean "coloureds out".

I cannot see any difference between his bullsh*te and hitler's insane allegations that the Jews were taking all the jobs, etc.

Originally posted by logic1
    Is this a flame? Or are you looking for politicians to flame? ;)

Originally posted by Victor

Is this a flame? Or are you looking for politicians to flame? ;)

No it's an honest opinion.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Aine Ni Connailll is running for election F u c k.

She looks like a troll and should go back to England Where she and others like her come from. (She is not english btw)
    No it's an honest opinion.

Its nice to see that you can back up your opinion Logic very logical.

Sure logic your just a Paddy and alcoholic Paddy thats all and dont go forgetting.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Elmo

She looks like a troll and should go back to England Where she and others like her come from. (She is not english btw)

So how did she come from England?

Why in gods name would anyone "back up" an opinion? That's the whole point of an opinion it doesn't need any back up. Bit slow aren't you.
    Sure logic your just a Paddy and alcoholic Paddy thats all and dont go forgetting.

Nicest thing anyones ever said. I think I love you.

.logic.

Opinions need reasoning prehaps i confussed u after all your only a paddy. Reason is the back up of opinions. To have an opinion you must first have a reason. I guess that is Ingorance in your case. ie why do you have that opinion.

Dont mind the english thing thats just an opinion better left alone, so is your ingorant one.

F U C K I N paddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭Xterminator

She looks like a troll and should go back to England Where she and others like her come from.

Ah the pot calling the kettle black .. heheh

And Elmo, you are acting like your namesake.
    A muppet!

X

Excuse me i have my own show and i am part of Seseme Street, I don't Associate with muppets.

I am not English, Actual i am a paddy as well. and she does look like a trool look at her.

http://62.17.153.131/action.asp?id=...news_id=ireland

I am just pointing out that we were treated and still are in some areas badly we have a bad name, And i think that we have proved the world wrong at this stage.

I thing most people in the world are alright and we are only in the world now so why should we worry about what other nationalities and rases are like, I mean all the English aren't all bad (sarcasim).

Sorry look at the trool (She just annoys me)

http://62.17.153.131/action.asp?id=15166&news_id=ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

F U C K I N paddies.

See the web address? Boards.ie?

I can feel them coming......click.....click....click............. I'd lighten up on the abuse if I wanted to stay a member of these boards.

Oh and you criticise logic's lack of backing up his opinion, while the main reason you give for not liking this woman is she looks "like a troll"? Sometimes backing up an opinion can serve to weaken it too......

Cop on guys. Smacks have been handed out. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement