Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going insane

Options
  • 05-05-2002 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Is it a viable option to putting up with life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Schizophrenia beats being alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by foobar
    Is it a viable option to putting up with life?

I think I am living proof that after a few years of torture at the hands of life(depression, lonelyness, misery, cancer) - one just becomes imune to pain

I dont think that there is anything anyone (cept aoife :) ) could do right now to hurt me.

That's one of the worst things about growiing up - it takes so long to get used to the idea that life sux.

and never forget:
    Masterbation: The strongest anti-depressant on the market today without perscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

It depends on what type of insanity... I personally feel that the raging "insanity" from which i suffer actually allows me better explore the depth of reality and end up far more enlightened than most... gotta say though, the more you stare into the abyss, the more likely you are to agree with crowley and yeats in your worldly outlook. Hehe... beggars and kings.

Originally posted by lordsippa
    I personally feel that the raging "insanity" from which i suffer

you do not suffer from insanity, you may be intelligent, you may be depressed - but insane is too strong a word - believe me - i've live with somone who was really insane, i know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 voObo0

True insanity is beyond the insane minds eye. Insanity is clearly visible to a sane minds intuition. All the cliques in life are true. Like the one that ricochets amongst pissed off country peoples lips from time to time. "Your not cracked if you know your cracked" or something to that effect. What I would really like to know about insane people is: Can they be happier than an intelligent sane person? I would guess yes. The more intelligence and abstraction in your cerebrum, the more effervescent your depression will become.
    I'll close my asshole now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

insanity hurts. i've recently been losing it a lot more often than i used to and i'm getting slightly worried now. i'm presuming it'll sort itself out eventually though, these things tend to. and if not, i'll go see a shrink like i've been meaning to since last year because it'd just be getting ridiculous.
    small amounts of insanity are good, it's a lot more fun being crazy than being sane. *I* think.
    crAzysHep :cool:

I dunno... Kev (non ctyier... only those that hang with me will understand) thinks i'm REALLY nuts after today when I pulled out lots of my hair and set fire to it...

Heheh... I'm getting councelling in school! The fools!

Oh... and a brief apology to all those i worried and depressed on saturday. I won't do it again, at the very least for a long long time. Sorry... and don't worry about me too much. I don't intend on killing myself (it just might be an adverse side-effect)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

well i definiteyl wouldnt say that im insane, but i really am quite batty. most of te time people think im crazy because they have just never experienced CTYI. Poor them. I do however take drugs for it, so there is a possibility that i would be up to par on the craziness scale if i went off the medication for a few days....

sven, what'd you do on saturday? methinks you should probably text me or just talk to me this weekend if you're in.
    sLighTlyworRiedsHep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i think that i probably wouldn't enjoy life as much as i do if it weren't for my eccentricity/eccentricities.

lalala

yes, I enjoy being quirky and slightly deranged. i wouldnt go as far as to say i was "freakish" but i would say that i am weirder than most people. at least i ADMIT to being weird. and mostly i am the happy, hyper weird. its just more my style. actually, people think i am perpetually happy and never have any problems, but i think i just hide it really well, and deal with things effectively. plus, i've been pretty fortunate in life. my parents are together, we have a place to live, none of us are TOO terribly diseased, and my most recent/memorable death in the family was my cat. plus, i get to go to CTYI! how lucky is that?
    so... usually i can find something to be happy about. i also like seeing people do good things. i think people also think im weird because i will smile for no reason, or laugh. i love my life, even when it is crappy. i guess the antidepressants are working, eh?

i try to be happy as much as i can. and when i can't be truly happy, i act it. and i'm getting pretty damn good at acting it, no one knows the difference anymore! yaay! no, no, no. i *am* happy. shut up, that's why. :D
    sheP :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I genuinely believe I am either turning manicly-depressed or slowly turning insane.

Probably a strange combination of the two.

Yeah...either way I'll be

1. On medication.
    2. Even more interesting to most of my schoolchums

rad. medication is for cool people! and those who dont think so: pbtht! i say we start a club! CTYIers for Medication! woohoo!

The anti-depressants I were on made me suicidal. It was an actual side-effect that was known to occur. When it got to the stage of beginning to contimplate the whole sticking my hand in the blender stage I stopped taking them. <well... hehehehehe... *that's* another story... hehehehehehehe>

aren't anti-deppressants supposed to make you *not* depressed? i was sure that was the point of them... ah well, you learn somethin' new every day and other such cliches.
    sHep :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Alaskagirl, that account of yours is so like me its scary! Even the way my cat died on Wednesday

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Except for the antidepressants actually

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Um. I'd go with CTYIers Against Medication!!
    Sorry but i am very much against medication unless it's absolutely necessary...
    Nih! :p

• Advertisement

well! thats rad! and its ok, we could have a "CTYIERS with no opinion on medication" club!

Advertisement