Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious connection Problem :(

Options
  • 06-05-2002 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Every 2-3 weeks my connection decides to go haywire, for instance my connection has been screwed all day i can barely open web pages etc this happens to me no matter what isp i connect to.

Its not the modem as it does the exact same thing with another modem which i have tested out.

This started occuring since about eight months ago.
    Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this seriously frustrating lag?

Is there anything i can do (no point in ringing eircom they havent got a clue :(, only reason id do that is to give them abuse....... )

Thanks in advance for any help

Samba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

use the following...

username = oceanfree
    password = oceanfree
    phone no. 2427916

This is a free dial up isp account provided and it's only slightly dearer to use than say eircom or iol. I've never had lag probs with this account.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Could be a virus sending info back , I was having the same problem awhile back aswell . My ping would shoot from 50 - 180 then back down to 50 , turned out i had 4 trojans and 1 worm all from mirc links :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

bah if you dont have a virus scanner try this online scanner : http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp

Its free and is updated everyday

Advertisement