Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one

Options
  • 06-05-2002 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

absolutely spitting at the eircom sponsored supplement in yesterdays sindo telling us all particularly the unitiated about the infinite joy of the internet and email. Yes the joy that eircom deprive us of. I have a stomach ulcer and I swear it made it grumble. Even my non techie mother was insulted by this blatant cross promotion (yes I know they paid and in theory it is just any ordinary promotion) and the fact that all this is not available either widely or affordably. And in particular the pathetic vist our homepage feature was very irriatating. Grrrrr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Well yeah its annoying... but whatcha gonna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

compile an encyclopedia of crap things eircom do and add it to the list. Seriously I thought it was to put it mildly very selective with the facts about the reality of using the net in Ireland under the rule of AJF O'Reilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭212.2.179.66

Ok im on a different Planet? Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

and making a dictionary on how people hate eircom will help us how?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

not really but as I am another more or less housebound person I can live without aggrevation from them or anyone else. It was a mere throwaway remark. FYI I have met plenty of tds, made many calls written many letters (even got replies to some) but not had to seek any pat on the head from anybody for doing so. And while not being as yet successful I at least tried to pull in a few high profile contacts to raise the issue somewhat as when the then cablelink customers wanted mtv, cablelink said get stuffed, when Bono made an issue out of it it was restored pronto.
    So if you dont mind I have a hospital appointment today and do not want anymore smartness from you. Adios.

• Advertisement
Advertisement