Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Brings Web To Playstation

• 04-06-2001 3:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Sony Brings Web To Playstation
    Sony's 10 million Playstation users can look forward to receiving video and audio over the Internet, as the games console giant forms alliances with major Internet multimedia software companies Macromedia and Realnetworks in a move to become the home entertainment hub that offers Internet access, broadcasts and movies as well as games. Sony has already teamed with AOL Time Warner to enable Playstation 2 users access the Web, email and AOL services. Aligning with Realnetworks and Macromedia extends the multimedia access capabilities of Playstation users.
    </font>
    - source: Volta NetGains Newsletter

Bard
    Ying-Tong-Iddle-I-Po!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Maybe I'd give a tosh if we had DSL/cable smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Should be just as good as the Dreamcast's internet access, shouldn't it?

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Why, Min? Is he on fire?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

[Sarcasm] Wow, that good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

[/Sarcasm]

Phew, that was close...

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Maybe Ill buy a PS2 game & memory card when it gets net access, Had the thing for 6 months and so far Zero games have impressed me.
    Nice DVD player though, And it looks dam slick beside the stereo. biggrin.gif

All in all is all we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I lurve my SSX game .. 60fps, the sounds r cool and very playable.
    I thought Tekken2 was good enuff.
    StarWarsNabboo Fighter was crappy.
    X-Squad is reasonable.
    DVD is very good,(read somewhere the quality was iffie, but it's not true!) and you can get the remote control from jungle.com for about £11 sterling.
    And cause I have a good collection of ps1 classics, it made sense to buy a PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I just liked having one around christmas when they were like gold dust biggrin.gif

Tekken Tag was the only title I considered, But Im not a big fan of the fighting game genre.

Ill get Gran T.3 & That Star Trek Game, Shattered Universe when it comes out.

Advertisement