Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good earphones

• 12-06-2001 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

I got Sony earphones with my walkman... litte black ones... the audio on them was good, a little shakey when bass boost was on but otherwise fine... Anyway they got lost somehow and I decided yesterday I'd go into HMV and splash out on a new pair... I wanted a pair that sounded like tin cans so 4.99 Cobys were out & I tried all the ones in Power City but they were all sh|te sounding .... HMV had their own brand for 5.99 which i skipped beause I presume brands are be crap (maybe I shouldn't). Across from them were a load of "Ross" brand earphones.. they were in various nice colours and were 9.99... expensive enough! Looking at the back of them all, the specs all said "20hz - 20khz" but I don't think you can go by them.... Going by the price I presumed they should be good, there weren't any others... Got to the bus stop and plugged them into my walkman.. AHH! Tin cans is right!! Anyways.. I kept the receipt and packaging so I'll bring them back but does anyone know of which brand is best for sound quality (small earplug type) and where to buy? Haven't seen Sony ones around town.. probably cause I havn't looked far enough.. Seems like all the "Who are they?" brands really are as bad as people make them out to be... Got an Eicon TA though, one good purchase I made yesterday at least!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

i got a kick ass pair of sony head phones in peats a while ago for 30 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Stax Sr-001 Mk2. Electristatic Inner Ear phones. The absolute BEST portable phones on the market. They sound every bit as good as full size Sennheiser 525s.
    ~300 Irish though......

Otherwise I'd go with the sony MD series, inner ear with a headband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I concur. I also have said in-ear cans and the bass is marvelous. I purchased them in HMV on grafton street about 2 years ago (and they still work fine - another good reason to buy)

Rinsing!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

Advertisement