Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one who thought......

Options
  • 06-05-2002 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Muse were ****e last night?????? The bastards built my hopes up, and going on previous experiences with them, i was expecting matt to blow me away (literally;) ), but sadly it wasn't songs that i heard, but aural abortions. My ears were violated, and i shall no longer listen to them again.

WHO'S WITH ME????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

what gig were you at? i am now fully convinced that muse are one of the few bands out there that personify everything that is right about music ( along with tool) , **** your hyped strokes white stripes et al this is where its at!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You must have been standing too close to the speakers, sounded fine to me. And you're never gonna listen to them again on the basis of one gig?

Ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

that was one excellent gig!!! (except for the revs)

the hives rocked!!!

and muse rocked!!!

thats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I'd never seen the Revs live before, so I had to see them to see what all the fuss was about, and I can honestly say that I was violated. And not in a good way either. They were poo. Crap. Diabolical. The Hives weren't much better either. I love the album, but they just didn't cut the mustard live. Poo as well.
    Muse however, rawwwkkkkkked to the highest degree. Quite fantastic. Lovely stuff.
    Nothing even came close to yesterday though. Paddy Casey was great, BellX1 were great, Mundy was amazing, Damien Rice, as always, was great, but the Frames stole the show. I've never seen them play a bad gig, but f*ck me, they ripped Dublin Castle a new a*sehole last night. Bloody brilliant they were.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

The Hives were absolute muck. (a) their songs were just terrible and boring and (b) it drives me nuts when bands (ESPECIALLY if they are not the headlining band) go on as if they're gods... all that "gimme a H.... gimme an I....." crap etc.... I wanted to hurt those guys by the time they were finished, and at least 2 of them need to put in some quality time on a treadmill and lose a few stone of fat.

Muse, after a dodgy start, rawked like the gods that they are. Some of the background images were reaaaaaaaaaaally cheesy but dammit the tunes spoke for themselves, "bliss" as a closer was unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

I thought the gig on Sunday was sh1te. Muse & The Hives tried their best but with crap sound (too low), assh0le bouncers, not being able to see anything except the lights at the top of the stage, I will not be going back to Dublin Castle in a hurry unless I'm called in for a Tribunal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cave_Girl

""they ripped Dublin Castle a new a*sehole last night""

i love that! just describes what they did last night perfectly. muse kicked some serious ass on sunday though. and the hives ruled aswell. going as a muse fan i can say i wasnt dissapointed leaving. the revs were a joke. but then at least they were there to laugh at. i agree about the security and the bar. mcd need to get off their f**king arse. or maybe mcd need some competition...
    anyways muse are ruined by their ozzfest type crowd, and the vibe at the frames was much more relaxed and chilled and cooler. they all ruled. bring on the cork leg of green energy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

Totally agree with Muse playing a stormer...... i was right on top of the speakers so i felt everything was loud enough..
    Maybe they could have played a longer set....... but sure...they rocked all the same.
    Didn't like the spelling lesson we were getting of the H....I...V..E..S
    But the Frames gig will go down as one of the best ever!!!

Advertisement