Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great <Form> Gap

Options
  • 06-05-2002 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone konw how to get rid of that gap that happends when you put in form tags? Heres the code:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td width="100" class="clock"> </td>
    <td class="clock">
    <form name="clockform"><input type="text" name="clockspot" class="clock"></form>
    </td>
    <td width="100" class="clock"> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

It makes the table twice as big as it is suppose to. Would i be better using layers for this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The cheap and nasty way to do it is to "hide" the FORM tags between TABLE, TR and TD tags, comme ici:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <form name="clockform">
      <tr> 
       <td width="100" class="clock"> </td> 
       <td class="clock"><input type="text" name="clockspot" class="clock"></td> 
       <td width="100" class="clock"> </td>
      </form>
     </tr> 
    </table>

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Or another way if you have one form on a page is to put it around all the elements on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I would put it as one giant from all around the page but im gonna be using more then one form on each page. I have all my sites TOTALLY database driven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Using CSS you could use

<form style="margin:0px">

or whatever your preferred use of CSS is

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Thanks. Ill try using CSS for it. I have one style sheet for the site so ill make all the forms have no border. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement