Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom sending mail to ..............

• 12-06-2001 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

Just something I noticed on someones computer, they where trying to send a mail using outlook express *gah* to *@iol.ie, they where on eircom with an eircom mail address. The error message that kept returning, said it would not send to that domain, anyone any ideas about that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Are you using Eircom's outgoing mail server?

-Ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

My company and another in town both have our email hosted by eircom. I found that I wasn't able to send mail to the other company today. Looks like the same problem.

To be honest, the message wasn't that urgent so I didn't look into it any further. I just used the phone...

If it's widespread it shouldn't take them too long to fix ir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Cheers mate, it seems that it was an Eircom problem, was talking to others about that after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Conversely, Eircom don't accept incoming mail from the mail server my account is on. They say it's due to "unacceptable levels of UCE from that domain" (UCE being spam - Unauthorised Commercial Email, I think) - but I say that's a poor excuse.

As far as I'm aware, they're blocking ALL mail from any NetIdentity accounts (that's over 12,000 domains - many of them family names ... so people with firstname@lastname.com like my address have to use a different address to send to eircom a/c's).

my 2c worth of a little moan smile.gif

Bard
    I walk through walls/ I float down the Liffey/ I'm not here/ This isn't happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Nevermind i misread that biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 13-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement