Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN

• 13-06-2001 3:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭

i recently had an ISDN line installed by eircom. i have a few questions. keep in mind im just learning about this stuff from the web.

Eircom installed an "eircom ISDN plug and play" box, which is actually a Siemens santis-ab. This box has remote mangement and remote monitoring facilities. the box has 2 rj45 "s-bus" ports and 2 rj11 ports.

siemens make another box called the santis-communicator:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"this latest product provides an integrated USB-interface, allowing the PC to be connected directly to the network without having to invest in a modem or a PC card. On top of that, the customer can configure the SANTIS-Communicator with the Local Craft Terminal via the data interface."</font>

now the questions smile.gif
      * is it possible for me to access the remote management features? * do i own the box after paying 100 quid or so for installation? * can i configure the
    ab it with a terminal adapter?
    * what is the "Local Craft Terminal"?
    * does the ab have an integrated terminal adapter like the communicator?
    * can i play with it in any way without a terminal adapter? (i havent got one yet)

[This message has been edited by Acous (edited 13-06-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

all i know is that u dont own the eircom box

Advertisement