Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty floppy

• 07-05-2002 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is there any way of redeeming the data on a floppy once you've got the error: "The disk in drive A is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Not that i know of, just one thing though....Have you tried reading a different floppy to make sure it is not the floppy drive at fault? Or tried reading the floppy in a different floppy drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

Yep, I've tried reading it in another drive... no luck
    And yes the drive on my machine does seem to be faulty cos this is not the first floppy that's been ruined in the past few weeks...
    Anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

Found a solution to this problem, at least in Windows, should anyone ever be interested...
    Right-click on the A:\ drive in Windows 2000 Explorer and use the 'Copy Disk..' facility to copy the data to another disk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

the easiest thing to stop the loss of data this way is to STOP using floppy disks.

use some other form of removable media.

Advertisement