Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I stream, the letter today, and are you keeping it.

Options
  • 07-05-2002 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Ill post it when i get home tonight if people want to see it.
    They have a handy little diagram on exactly what you will pay for i stream. Bit of a mistake on their part making it to obvious.

Ioffl might find in handy for showing people exact charges.

I noticed though the *eircom reserve the right to charge 3.6cents per mb additional over the monthly allowance. Make it sound like its not part of their billing system but we all know your going to get charged

So since the prices are finalized and we all know that the service is goign ahead. i think its tiem for a poll.

How many people are stating with the service after the trial, please only vote if youur on the trial. This way when eircom say crap like "only 5 people didnt take up the offer" we will have figures to contradict them.

So if the mods could bang up a poll its would be all set

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Would we get done for copyright infridgment if we reproduced the letter on the website or in our own propaganda material ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Didnt we already do this a few times?
    Ill check the letter when i get home - is it the same as the email that was sent out boston?

If theres anything new then maybe a poll for triallists only for research purposes, altho is it relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

is it the same as the email that was sent out?

Yes, exactly the same, nothing new in it.

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Didnt we already do this a few times?
    Ill check the letter when i get home - is it the same as the email that was sent out boston?

No, its different.

As for doign this before, there was aload of "if buts & ands "

If theres no cap, if its under 100 euro, i odnt think they will release it. and so on.

Straight question, if your on the trial, will you be keeping the service, jsut so we can get a ball park figure on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I'm keeping it (probably go for the uncapped option, which wasn't mentioned in the email, and I haven't got a letter from them). My only (reasonable) justification for me keeping it is that I need a constant connection for my work (graphic designer working from a home office, with potential to shift large files on an irregular basis).
    I can't really take a risk of overrunning a 3 gig cap, and the 6 gig cap service is too close to the uncapped service in price to warrant considering. I've typically been downloading 7gig a month on the trial (mostly music), and that's not including sending/recieving files as mail attachments/ftp etc.
    I know the pricing is despicable, but I'm over a barrel since my job is reliant on this sort of connectivity. I'll get the vat back, but it's still a joke.

I wonder how long these prices will remain viable for eircom. There has to be some competitive pressure from SOMEWHERE before too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Boston
    No, its different.

What information is contained in the letter which isn't in the email?

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

No, I won't be keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Not keeping it - far too expensive. Back to 56k and wait for competition to move in.

I'm not 100% on this but don't you have to sign up for a full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

i don't know. it's a damn tight decision. i may as well fill in their thingy stating that i'm interested in continuing the service, and then decide what to do when i get a look at the contract. the 12 month thing is a real handicap.

why the hell can't these people look at what happened in the UK when BT started selling the wires-only version of ADSL.

why the hell can't these people see an incredible business opportunity that's staring them in the face :(

Btw im not keeping it and im not going back to dial up either. so thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I suppose i'll have to get rid of it. I'll stick with modem, and hope that esat launch DSL in my exchange ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Im getting rid of it ..... boo hoo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Nope, not keeping it either, not with that 3gig cap.

You reading this eircom? I hope so.

- lampsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

phoned up today to find out some info.

1. There is no 12 month contract
    2. You are able to switch from different i-stream options but you may have to pay for new equipment.

Because there is no 12 month contract I said i will go ahead considering the money i have saved on the trial and by the end of the summer ESAT will be in my exchange. So competition.

(Hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

This is getting more peculiar. No email, and still no letter! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

since i've been studying hard for college exams (yah right) i haven't had time to check the ioffl board in a while. I'm sorry but can someone tell me is still only available in dublin? Sorry for being out of the loop but i've had my head in the sand recently. danke schon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The T's & C's on the additions to Eircom's pricing scheme say different. They say that if you terminate service, you (may|will) have to pay (up to) six months of your contract. (I can't remember the exact wording, but it's been covered here already, and you'll find it in the Pending Changes document.)

Can I ask IrelandOffline members to ask and note down the name of the people you're talking to. If customer service representatives are giving out incorrect information to prospective clients, Eircom should be notified (and the CAI & CA should be notified if Eircom fail to correct this).

2. You are able to switch from different i-stream options but you may have to pay for new equipment.

This is true according to the aforementioned document.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Im getting rid of it. It would cost me more than I would pay for dial-up so it doesn't make sense for me.

I await a decently priced ADSL service with bated breath.

Originally posted by dahamsta

The T's & C's on the additions to Eircom's pricing scheme say different. They say that if you terminate service, you (may|will) have to pay (up to) six months of your contract. (I can't remember the exact wording, but it's been covered here already, and you'll find it in the Pending Changes document.)

adam

This is pretty standard, and since there is a contract that eircom rep was talking ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

I was talking to Darren today (wednesday, at approx 2.30)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I was talking to Pat Patterson, who seems to be heading up the trials (thats who ye get your emails from).

Acording to him there is a 12 month contract, but he cannot legally reveal the updated T&C's till the day of release (the 14th)

Im keeping it btw. the price is ludicrous, but im keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jacksonflam

I'm ditchin' it. It's a total rip-off. The most expensive in the known world. If any of us do take it at that price then we're suckers and they gonna suck us dry. I'm gonna start going out more, get re-integrated into society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭212.2.179.66

I have just heard the Radio Advertisement for I-Stream and what strikes me most is the line "It will take the Head-ache out of you internet connection" or words to that effect. Are Eircom in a total state of ‘Denial’ or what? I just can’t be sure what they
    are or have been offering? Is ISDN considered a Headache?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Advertisement