Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames gig

Options
  • 07-05-2002 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Did anyone else go to The Frames/Damien Rice/Mundy etc gig yesterday? Was it just me or did anyone think the venue wasnt the best? Enjoyed the gig, though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

i was there and i thought it was spectacular, the vibe bouncing around Dublin Castle was awesome and to top it all off The Frames played the best gig I think I've ever seen them play. Paddy Casey, Bellx1, Mundy and Damien Rice were pretty fúckin exellent too (Damien Rice in particular)... yeahp, i had the *best* time...:D Dublin Castle rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shakenvac

And at least there were plenty of cute flare-wearing, curly-haired guys around to add to the enjoyment!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

Possibly the worst Frames gig ever. Nazi security threw me out for talkin too loud. The venue is a hole. Its overcrowded. The bar is too far away. The price of beer, christ almighty children this is a gig. IT was ****e in a bucket. Mundy was amazing as ever. And his music was good too! The Frames were excellent but the overzealous security ruined everything They have ruined my life. PAck of poomongers. The frames at the Ambassador. Thats what I want to see. No curly haired ****ers allowed. Ha Ha `

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shakenvac

did you see them play vicar street new years eve? that was their best gig ever. Damien Rice wasnt bad either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

deeppink

WOW the frames gig on monday was nothing short of spectacular. they played a monstrous set, which had me both laughing and crying and just being so unbelievably happy that i exploded all over the place. (conveniently enough, i immediately imploded back into shape, and that was the end of that.)

bellx-1 were great as usual, and i really enjoyed damien rice's set. but the frames blew me away. i was pleased when they played micko's "heyday"... it was sad, but uplifting.

we have a lot to thank glen & co. for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

I agree with Beretta...
    An amazing gig!!!
    I was at Slane for U2 and i think The frames at Dublin castle was well better!
    Thank you Mr. G Hansard and crew!!

Advertisement