Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next doors efing Hi-Fi

• 13-06-2001 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Chould anyone tell me if there is a device around to disable a very noisy stereo,or even set up something to interfere with his speakers.
    Dont get me wrong,i love load music myself,not a eminem LP over and over,chri$t on a bike,it must be the only cd he has.
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Contact the local council, or get something to measure the sound pollution that he is causing wink.gif

If you can prove he is over doing it, then you can get him to stop.
    Ain't sure about something to mess with speakers. Well I have ideas, but well :P they are a little too drastic wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

get a nokia phone, I can't remember which model it is, but one of them cout set my stereo speakers rattling from 2 floors away (seriously), then keep either dialing ure number or keeps sending ureself text messages. I'm sure it won't be too long b4 they offender gives up on their stereo wink.gif

http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Fragnet

[This message has been edited by OSiriS (edited 13-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

its the 91** or 62**, but they are like £300 and £200. Big fk off magnet would work as well ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

/me pictures Town with a fishing rod, danglin an uber big magnet with 'ACME' written on it from his roof biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea call the cops.

ahh the good old days. Back when people listened to Shortwave radio, you used to be able to annoy your neighbour by tuning into a certain frequency offset from thiers and it would cause thier Hi-fi to squeal like a pig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Yeh I'd try one of them old Nokias, I have one here but I can't remember the model number (it was the first one with the jay leno ring tone) but I know for a fact it was the worste phone for interference, I seen it on tests on TV and I experienced it myself first hand! God it was terrible smile.gif

If it's FM radio he's using however you can get a cheap transmitter, tune into the same frequency, and shout down 'TURN THAT F*CKIN THING DOWN!' I had one of them ages ago and had great fun freaking people out in their cars to relieve the boredom of traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blade:
    Yeh I'd try one of them old Nokias, I have one here but I can't remember the model number (it was the first one with the jay leno ring tone) but I know for a fact it was the worste phone for interference, I seen it on tests on TV and I experienced it myself first hand! God it was terrible smile.gif
    </font>

Didn't the old ZX Spectrums do something similar? I remember they were banned in the US for causing interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I recommend contructing a small EMP device which you can then give to him as a present.He will inadvertently trigger the device, frying his stereo, tv, ps2 etc etc. Instructions for building such a device can be found here: http://www.cia.gov/intranet/john~oreilly/ops/devices/emp.shtml

Username: john_oreilly
    Pass: echelonforever

Alternatively, I suggest you gain control of the US Military's test "Damocles" Military grade satellite and utilize its orbital EMP burst or 3million gigawatt laser. Simply use the user name and pass I provided above and enter the chat area of the site and someone should be able to give you the auth codes. You could use the forum but its fairly slow and gets spammed quite regularly by Mossad people.

Naturally, all the above is highly classified so don't go telling Mary down the road. Hope that helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Steal one of those giant electro-magnets that are used for lifting cars at scrap yards. Park it behind his house, turn it on, and but a little bush over it (a large fuchsia, or if you can afford it a rhododendron) to hide it.

Now the powerful electromagnet will distort the electromagnets in the speakers. Problem solved with a minimum of fuss.

Alternatively soak the speakers in a bucket of salt water for a few hours, then plug them in without turning them on. Set them to full power (while still turned off) before you leave. With luck, when the owner turns on his speakers, they will short-circuit so badly that they will catch fire and possible burn the owner, thereby theaching him an invaluable lesson.

(*Disclaimer* - Dont do this unless you are a ****ing retard, or its a practical joke before your sons 10th birthday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TOWN:
    a device around to disable a very noisy stereo,or even set up something to interfere with his speakers.</font>

Yea its called a baseball bat, its real handly for fixing those problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

There's a device called a telephone that you can use to contact something known as the police, who may or may not come and do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    There's a device called a telephone that you can use to contact something known as the police, who may or may not come and do something about it.</font>

Castor (Mr Helpful) Troy i presume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

LoL,Whore$,its not all that bad,the poor lad only has one cd and he plays it over and over for bout half an hour nearly every day,its just that sometimes just sometimes it pi$$ me off,i must try me phone the next time for the crack biggrin.gif

Advertisement