Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rogue leader

Options
  • 07-05-2002 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

is actually quite hard, innit? took me ages to beat the first mission

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I take it you're talking about Rouge Leader II on the Gamecube ? If so, I wouldn't say it's all that hard. Although the mission where you have to steal an imperial shuttle was a bit on the hard side. I'm currently on a mission where I have to protect these gas producing plants in Sky city. It's proving to be a pain in the ass, still on it after 30 or so attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Its a weird one - as the game chronologically follows the film and the levels are based on the events you often end up with a drastic variation of diffculty from one level to the next. The Death Star Attack was much, much harder than The Battle Of Hoth, for example.

TinCool: Wait until you reach The Battle Of Endor and Death Star Attack II, Cloud City will seem like a walk in the park :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Battle of Endor is **** easy, compared to Death Star attack 2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

jaysus, you lads are flying through the game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeh so i hear from my friend, a bitch to finish but really good gameplay along the way, is this about right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Can almost finish it, keep getting killed by the fire while escaping the reactor explsion at the end...

What I do like about the game is that some of the missions are different depending on what time of the day or night you play them, ie the accademy level...at night you have a speeder, while during the day you use a y-wing

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Yeah the Academy heist level is cool at night. The fog :)

The most infuriating level is the second death star run. Battle of endor is impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Tincool the best way to take out those turbolaser balloons is go for the engines...

Something worth noting for the training mission, play it in the afternoon and destroy jabas palace...youll find c3po inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

are levels dictated by what time it actually is, i.e. the Gamecube has an internal clock ? if so, thats pretty dam cool, but sux if u work all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if so, thats pretty dam cool
    Consoles have been doing that for a while, but it is quite cool init..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 saddlier

razor rendezvous took me about 8hrs to complete and so would have bespin if i hadn't found out that you can blow up the gas tanks that keep the hot air balloons afloat. I got to the battle of endor on sunday but i haven't played it much since cos i got monkey ball and 2 more controlers. The game is amazing though, the sea in kothilis and the amount of ties in endor is unbelievable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that Razor Rendezvous level is an absolute bitch! i got from training to Razor Rendezvous on my first day easy but for the past week ive been stranded at Razor Rendezvous! I take down the 3 shield generators and then i go for the command deck but i aim and aim and nothing happens, im aiming for the bit below where the 2 shield generators were but nothing happens:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ah just completed it there at last, was bloody hard:)

Advertisement