Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest gc

Options
  • 07-05-2002 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

i want to buy a gamecube, super monkey ball, and an extra controller. where is the cheapest place to buy this in the country, or have it delevired from online retailer??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

smyths seem to have the best offer for you, with €60 in vouchers

eb were offering a free nintendo memory card with 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

the cheapest i saw was in game, at 200 euro for a consle and average 60 euro for games its resonable. personally id buy online, its generally cheaper.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Go into HMV,avail of the student discount which is 10% off. Although they may not allow you to use it on consoles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by the corpo
    smyths seem to have the best offer for you, with €60 in vouchers

eb were offering a free nintendo memory card with 3 games

Does this mean if I go into Smyths and buy a Game Cube they will give a €60 in voucher which I can buy a game with :D or is it €60 divided into several vouchers that make up the €60 and can only be spent on one item at a time? :(

mfield:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

several vouchers
    i think you can save about 15 per game or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Games are cheapest in EB as far as I have seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    Go into HMV,avail of the student discount which is 10% off. Although they may not allow you to use it on consoles :(

They didn't mind me using it buying a Dreamcast at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

that may explain why I got the console for 180...I thought the person at the till made a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Go into HMV,avail of the student discount which is 10% off. Although they may not allow you to use it on consoles

****ing hell, forgot all about my student discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

wat do yas need 4 student discount?? will my college id do?? or do i need some sort of usit card??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Standard college id is fine. Some cashiers bl33t that you need usit but just complain a bit and they'll relent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ANd where can we get one of these fake colledge IDs.
    ANd to think the people used to use them to buy drink!

Advertisement