Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japs to get new PS2 Drivers

Options
  • 07-05-2002 7:57pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

According to Gamezone on Aertel, Sony are to release new DVD drivers in Japan to improve DVD playback. It's not known whether the driver will be released in Europe.

I just wonder if anyone has anything more to go on? It would be nice if the drivers supported RGB and was made available in Europe though hopefully not with remote as I already have that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Got a DVD player, couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Unlikely, really... I guess it could happen as a covermount on OPSM2 or something, but SCEE have never shown much inclination of caring about the DVD playback abilities of the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think if you get that DVD-Region X software (got it free of some crap PS2 magazine a few months ago), it fixes the DVD player's RGB output, and of course allows you to play DVD's from any region.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

God gamezone on Aertel is so woeful. Thank god for digitiser on Channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Yeah DVD region X works a treat ... hopefully they might come up with a bios flash type thing that will let your PS2 play cdr VCD's.

There was a VCD adapter for the PS1 andyone know of a similar device for the PS2 ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Stephen
    I think if you get that DVD-Region X software (got it free of some crap PS2 magazine a few months ago), it fixes the DVD player's RGB output, and of course allows you to play DVD's from any region.

Yup I got this too. The crap PS2 mag is called PSi2 and is some way connected to Datel who made RegionX. But an updated driver would be handier than disc swapping everytime I want to play a DVD video. Plus if it included MP3 compatability! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ehh, you don't need to swap discs every time you play a DVD using DVD region X... you do have a memory card installed right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*cough* firmware upgrade *splutter* hack *ahem*

byte

Originally posted by Stephen
    Ehh, you don't need to swap discs every time you play a DVD using DVD region X... you do have a memory card installed right?

Yes, I have a Memory card. So, you're saying that I don't need to keep slotting the RegX disc in to watch DVD Video in full RGB glory! I didn't even realise! :o

byte

JUst to confirm, I do need to insert RegX before I play a movie despite having a memory card otherwise I get green tint. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement