Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS outlook prob.

• 07-05-2002 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

when i try sendin an email it wont send and i get this error msg in
    outlook. i have tried sending a couple of times, all to different addys and i keep gettin this error :( ...
    The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '
    @----.--. Subject 'competition', Account: '
    ', Server: 'mail.iol.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to <
    @----.--> prohibited by administrator (failed to find host name from IP address)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
    and now im confused...
    any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Are you using the SMTP server of your dialup host? That is, if you're dialling in through Eircom, are you using Eircom's mail servers?

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

well, i have an iol email account and am connected to eircom dsl.
    just looked at my settings there and they are:
    STMP for iol = 25
    POP3 for iol = 110
    STMP for eircom = 25
    POP3 for eircom = 110

also have an eircom email and that is sending fine.
    maybe someone messed around with the iol accounts on this comp and put the iol accounts the same as eircom 1s.
    what should the settings for iol be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They're the port settings.

You're problem is that you are using an iol email account and are connected to eircom dsl.

Change the smtp server to Eircom's one (don't change the port settings) and you'll be fine.

It's mail1.eircom.net is it folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

The other option is if you must you use that email address, ie yourname@iol.ie goto webmail.iol.ie and login and send your email. otherwise use an eircom smtp to send the mail using ur eircom account. Most if not all isps dont allow you to relay using their mail servers. you have to be connected with them to use them.

Regards,

Paul

Advertisement