Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickel backs(sad!!!!!)

Options
  • 07-05-2002 11:37pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok I was in work today and heard one of the lads singing THAT song"this is what you remind me of......."
    Now the problem is not his singing but he that is a little tracker knacker.I happen to find the song catchy in a sad sort of way and he told me that it is being played in all the dance clubs around and all the tracksuit heads are headbanging to it after taking their "E"I personally find a bunch of tracksuit wearing heads headbanging extremely sad/funny!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nickleback are just pop music anyway.
    They're simply a watered down, commercialized, and pretty damn crap copy of Pearl Jam.

There's two sides to all forms of music.
    The commercial rubbish; The pop songs.
    And then there's the good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Its just manufactured "rock".

Its a good song but still manufactured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

You think Nickelback are a Pearl Jam Rip-off? Have you ever heard any Creed? God! And their lead singer looks like such a moron! Feckin' people that wear sweaty vests!

Yes, NB suck! :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Oeneus
    You think Nickelback are a Pearl Jam Rip-off? Have you ever heard any Creed? God! And their lead singer looks like such a moron! Feckin' people that wear sweaty vests!

Yes, NB suck! :)
    ha! Damn right.

Heres a few more to be added to the rip off list...
    Silverchair, hmmm... they sound like Nirvana and look like Nirvana, they probably even smell like Nirvana.

Feeder, do they not sound a bit like the Foo Fighters to you?

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't ripping off grunge bands. I mean, if they were ripping off Guns N' Roses or Van Halen, I'd be like "Oh good, someone is having ago at bringing back proper rock music!"

But nooooo, they have to rip off grunge, the fad that killed Rock N' Roll!"

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Oeneus
    You know, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't ripping off grunge bands. I mean, if they were ripping off Guns N' Roses or Van Halen, I'd be like "Oh good, someone is having ago at bringing back proper rock music!"

But nooooo, they have to rip off grunge, the fad that killed Rock N' Roll!"
    Good point... I never thought of that. Shall I get the shotgun?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Maybe it is time for someone to rip off van halen or the like and "BRING BACK PROPER ROCK MUSIC".
    Long hair(im working on it)tight jeans.Biker jackets.
    Anyone still wear "stretchies"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

exactly lads yeah , if they have to rip off music , why cant they make a decent attempt at it , instead of , oh this is how you remind me or "too bad " jasus sake winging on about nothing , !oh an yeah they are sad !

I don't necessarily mean the leather pants and hairspray ripping off etc. I mean bringing back some decent guitar playing. There's none of it at the moment. I mean, any old fag can struma few chords! We want some serious Eddie Van Halen and Slash Riffin' and soloin'!!!

They're always been good Rock and Metal around.
    It's just that they're usualy only some 'Fad' that popularizes it for a short time.

The best music has always been in the underground.

What I love of all these current bands, is that they're going to crash and burn SO frikkin hard, it's gonna be great!
    I saw it happen before, and I can't wait to see it again!

It leaves all the little 'Fad' kids buggering off to listen to whatever the hell it is next, and the real fans listening to the best stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

Nickleback are sh*te....
    They are so bad its unreal i bought the album coz of the song thinkin it wud be good but its complete bolo*.......if ye disagree plz state but honestly there another five setup wit there managers and sh*t...Dat kind of music is supose to be a rock band playin music coz they like it not gettin geniuses to make the song and they play another band is linkin park even though they are good there album is brilliant and as far as iv seen there concert look pretty crazy!but there still a manufactured pice of crap!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by AngelWhore

The best music has always been in the underground.

agreed AW for the most part I think alot of creativity and originality gets ironed out in the production/marketing process even from the best artists.

I find Nickleback terribly dull, I wouldn't say bad exactly just completely forgettable.

Bender - your statement dosen't really make sense re: Linkin Park.. if you think theyre album and concerts are good then how can they suck simply because they are produced - good is good IMO Linkin Park are not good simply because I really dont like their "music" Lyrically and Compositionally I find them totally vacant. Possibly my least favorite band ever.

Originally posted by Bender
    Nickleback are sh*te....
    They are so bad its unreal i bought the album coz of the song thinkin it wud be good but its complete bolo*.......if ye disagree plz state but honestly there another five setup wit there managers and sh*t...Dat kind of music is supose to be a rock band playin music coz they like it not gettin geniuses to make the song and they play another band is linkin park even though they are good there album is brilliant and as far as iv seen there concert look pretty crazy!but there still a manufactured pice of crap!!:o

Uh...couldn't understand a word of that. But I got the jist that you hate NB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

If you really want to go ripping off a band to bring back rock then make it Led Zeppelin. Jimmy paige would wipe the floor with slash anyday( though slash still roxers), John Bonham one of the greatest drummers of all time ( Moby Dick 30 min drum solo live in madison square garden in 71, or was it berlin ??? anyway :D) Robert Plant who could use his voice on so many levels. And John Paul Jones, Totally underated and overlooked for his contribution to the band.

ZEPPELIN RULE!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have to disagree with you there squall.NO-ONE should even try and rip off the mighty Zeppelin.
    Zeppelin are like classical music-in 200 years people will still be listening to them unlike some of the s**te around at the moment-Linkin park,Limp bizkit and all the new metal.Tis all crap.
    I mean the stuff I listened to when I was a young lad(hitting the 30 mark now)was proper metal-Judas Priest,WASP,Van Halen,AC/DC,Iron Maiden.GnR,Exodus-Now that was all high energy,excellent musicianship metal(In my day these bands were metal although some people her will say that they are rock).I mean some of those new-metal bands cant even play their instruments properly,relying on sampling to get a decent tune going.
    Bring back the old(to me) stuff.

Originally posted by atonal
    agreed AW for the most part I think alot of creativity and originality gets ironed out in the production/marketing process even from the best artists.

Exactly!

And I'll never forget what someone said to me once: "The perfect rock song is 3 minutes long."
    Which always reminds me of how shallow people are.
    This person wasn't telling me this because he beleived it, but only regurgitated a lame "Pass-around" comment.

Pop music isn't music at all, it's what's marketable, it's what can be pushed, it's what can make the most money.
    The mainstream couldn't possibly handle a band like Opeth, who have fantastic artistic music, and songs that go on for over 20 minutes. :)

Artistic Merit, Creativity and depth simply aren't marketable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

what is with canada and awful crud music???bryan adams, alanis morisette and now sticelcrap.but DID YOU SEE THE LASH IN THE VIDEO?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I never said theyd sucessfully rip off zeppelin, Thats impossible, they are the pinnacle of rock/metal music.

And that 3 minutes perfect rock song is bull. Stairway to heaven 8 minutes plus of pure perfection and it never gets tedious. Thats a sign of pure genuis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    And I'll never forget what someone said to me once: "The perfect rock song is 3 minutes long."
    Which always reminds me of how shallow people are.
    This person wasn't telling me this because he beleived it, but only regurgitated a lame "Pass-around" comment.

haha I read this interview once with some crappy flavor of the week American rock band (I cant remember their name) stating this and also that the format of Chorus Verse blah blah blah was also perfected so why should they mess with it, being it was proved by research and all.

My only thinking was they should be shot, it was such an anti-creative statement coming from a band, it is one thing to conform to this standard to secure a radio hit, it is quite another to believe it. I wish I still had the mag so I could quote it exactly...argh it made me MAD.

kingoffifa - Canada also produced Moist and Tragically Hip which are quality I think anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

Right, i think the real problem lies in what the average pop listener thinks is "rock". from my experience they seem to think it sounds like people beating guitars of walls and flushing the microphone down the jacks. Which in some cases is true but mostly not. I was not listenting to music when guns n' roses, van halen, led zeppelin, jimmy hendrix, came around first but they are my favourites now and will probably allways be, if people would just give these bands a chance they would see. also (no offence) a lot of the "slipnot hoodies" are giving it a bad name. And themselves dont know what rock is. for instance i was at the Hives/muse/revs gig last saturday and they were giving "the horns" to the revs, no offence to their music but i dont think it is appropriete. Anyhow i better wrap things up by saying i am going to bring real rock back.

Gn'R FOREVER!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

the only thing i have to say about nickleback.....

*bush*

Originally posted by col_nicholson

Gn'R FOREVER!!

AGREED!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ok linkin park hav good music but the ting is they dont make up the songs which is sad!!!and there just like nickleback dat was point!!
    there manufactured piece of ****...it doesnt come from them ..u wud contrast them to the likes of westlife!

Originally posted by Bender
    ok linkin park hav good music but the ting is they dont make up the songs which is sad!!!and there just like nickleback dat was point!!
    there manufactured piece of ****...it doesnt come from them ..u wud contrast them to the likes of westlife!
    LOL! Linkin Park... good music? Those words do NOT belong in the same sentence. Bloody hell man, all Linkin Park can do is hit F and F' Power chords. An early beginner could do that without any mistakes.

If Linkin Park aren't a manufactured band then I made planet Mars.

Advertisement