Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrowwind

• 08-05-2002 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody been able to get a copy of this yet, for some reason they decided to push back the realease date a month in europe, maybe to decrease sales since anybody who really wants it will get a warezed version if they can, but has anybody actually played it yet?

I hear its incredibly good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

We dont like warez talk in these here parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No I mean has anyone in the US gotten the game yet, or anyone in Europe gotten it, I'm just pissed off at it being delayed ;(

Yea it does look pretty good alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Two guys in my Q3 Clan got it and played it. They cant stop playing now and are totally addicted.

When I asked them what it was like, they simply said 'you have no idea how good this game is'.

I was impressed as the guys are two of the most synical bastids you will ever know and usually chuck new games into the bin within 10 minutes of playing.

Other than that, Ive no idea how the game is ;)

I must admit I'm well tempted by this game, so once I finsh dungeon siege I'll be giving it a go, although hopefully neverwinternights will be out by then, June been the date currently tossed around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Did anyone get on the trials or does anyone know if the trials have been given out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have a rip on an online account... i will download it and try it out and if i like it i will buy it... i am really waiting for neverwinter nights though...

OK i have it and started messing around with it last night... looks good.. gameplay so far is good... dont know about the fighting yet... does not seem the best but then i picked a thief and not a fighter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Saruman, make sure you are using a weapon you are good at even if you have access to more powerful other weapon types. And the combat can really use a bit more feedback like damage models cause it's hard to tell how close to death your opponents are. The game itself is not just about combat, it's much more of a role playing game than anything else previously released. The world and the game is very open ended and you can do whatever you feel like. Just because you like Dungeon Siege or Diablo doesn't mean you'll like this though I encourage everyone to give it a chance. I didn't think much of it when I loaded it up...

The game does take an awful lot of power to run smoothly at the high settings and it really benefits from a fast cpu cause there's so much detail in the game. Those using a graphics card that does pixel shading (geforce3, geforce4, radeon8500) will see some amazing water effects. The graphics in general are quite impressive anyway even without the pixel shading water effects.

Yeah those water effects are amazing on my GeForce 3.. In fact i notice the game seems to run smoother on 1024x768 than on even 640x480 for some reason...

As for the gameplay i love roleplaying games.. never played Diablo and while i like Dungeon Siege im more into Baldurs Gate type Games.. some fighting but mostly a great story and character interaction.. there is that in this game.. I will get into it im sure.. still might need a newer cpu.. my Athlon 650 is showing its age now even with 512mb ram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I've been playing it for 3 weeks today!! It is simply the best game I've ever played. It is huge. I mean HUGE! ans so full of detail and things to do. I am foever getting side-tracked - anytime I'm meant to be doing a quest for someone I bump into someone else or a dungeon and spend the next few hours dragging hordes of loot back to a town to sell it. Then I'm like "oh yeah, I was meant to be doing somthing else!"

Graphically it's fantastic, just beautiful. And I'mnot even running a super top end machine.

All in all this game rocks - especially when you actually roleplay and stay true to your character. For total imersion you can't do any better.

And I haven't even talked about the construction kit that ships with it! I'm going to be playing this game for years to come!!

B M.

Im hooked on this game.. i built myself a new box, latest AthlonXP 2100 etc... wow the game now runs perfectly smooth with all graphics on... amazing game... Im at a level now where i can kill almost any enemy i come across without a reload... and the big or tough enemies i can eventually kill with different combinations of weapons and magic etc... i settled on an Imperial scout using the sign of the tower.. did that as i can open a 50pt lock once a day.. handy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Got a copy from www.dvdboxoffice.com, they do free worldwide shipping and I paid less overall anyway then I would in Game, assuming it's going to be €60.

The open-endedness is amazing, you can just wander around doing whatever you like, it looks and sounds gorgeous, and I'd say the replayability factor is probably pretty large.

The Cliff Racers (those bloody bird-things) are deeply annoying, I tried to delete them in the editor and it didn't work, then just set all their values to 1, but that didn't work either :( anyone know how to use the editor properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

As I use Marksman as my main form of attack I enjoy using the "bloody cliff racers" as good target practice.;)

Yeah the racers are a pain but im at the stage where 1 got hit with my sword or 2 bolts or arrows kills them. Beside.. nothing wrong with the odd ass whupping as long as you live and can recover later... you get experience and points on your armour that way!
    My armour rating is pretty high and can go higher... as soon as i get better armour.. im a mixture of glass, bonemold and a very cool magical curass that gives me a 60% resistence to magic all the time while wearing it.

I LOVE this game.. every time i go over a hill there is something else to do. Some confusing puzzles in there too. Only problem i have is i have hoards of REAL expensive stuff to sell and no one can afford it lol.. i know there are some rich merchants around but i need to find them. Best option so far is fine someone with over 1000 and some real good items, buy say a demon katana for 10,000 (if yor a good merchant like me you get it for about 7k) now you have a rich merchant and sell him some of your expensive stuff... wont do much good for expensive armour like glass which can be 10k - 30k

again i LOVE this game.. now Neverwinter nights is going to have to live up to this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya its a v.good game - a worthy sequel to Daggerfall. Its a lot less buggy, the dugeon quests are a lot less boring, and technically its much better than its predecessor. It doesn't have the character of daggerfall, the way you could show up at a nice town, its Feast Day of Saint Something and clothes are half price, so you go and buy a house and a boat, its a bit sad but these were some of my favourite things about daggerfall :)

Also, the red metal of Daedric armour and weapons, the wide range of enemies you meet in the wilds, dragonlings, bears, vampires, gargoyles, orcs, etc. I haven't seen much more than rats, kwama foragers, mud crabs and nix hounds so far in Morrowind but i suppose thats because i haven't advanced far enough... only it wouldn't make sense if such a wide range of creatures lived in that small part of the world.

I preferred the friendly interface in daggerfall, and the way you could ask directions to an inn or a bookshop or anything in any town and a person will say whether its north, south, east, or west.. saves a lot of boring walking around the place which is one of the main drawbacks on this game. I chose the Steed as my starsign to make me faster, because i hate moving around so slowly... i avoid going to the mages guild for that reason alone. Thats also why I dread going to Vivec. In daggerfall I had loads of shortcuts to cut down on the walking - i'd set a teleport spell in the mages guild before departing on a quest, stuff like that that made it less boring, I had been hoping that there wouldn't be need for this in Morrowind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Played it non stop since i got it,damned addictive.
    But im stuck on trying to find some puzzle box thingy in the a ruin near moonmoth, been lookin for it for ages and cant find it :(
    The battle mage is very good, but i decided to play barbarian (orc ,big axe ,beserk mode , nuff said).

I have to say them graphics are damned impressive, the waater lookes BRILLIANT on my GeForce3. first time i saw it i sat gawping for about 5mins! And them cliff racers arent that bad,2 whacks with my axe and they fall into a nice clump on the ground. I have never played any of this games prequels, so i dont know if these were in the previous gams - The leveling system rocks,simple, the freedom of playing is unbelievable, any class can do anything (to varying degree's, eg: i have a barbarian the use's fireball frequently)

I just cant wait until i get up a few levels and meet some of the more vicous enemies instead of the pathertic little rats (which are good for leveling your block and armour :)) and crabs.

hehe, i'm also stuck on that puzzle box bit, i just gave up and went to a walkthrough site to find out where it is :)

I gave up on that first time too.. second time i went back looking for something i had left there the first time... it was not there but i did find the puzzel box... damn... its right at the entrence to the main place only up a level... its the level i came OUT of the first time i attempted it!! lol that amused me a little.. right there on a shelf...

As for the creatures.. i have not seen any vampires yet.. when i do im making a save so when i get the urge to do something different ill let myself get bitten and go on the rampage... but i have seen LOTS of other creatures.. figured out a good way to make some money... Especially if your a good mage... Get a few soul gems.. not expensive.. better to steal them.. then go kill some cool creature like a netch... then soul trap it and your 300gold sould gem is now 6,000! Now all you need is someone who can afford to buy it.. i have a massive collection of them... stole a load from the girl in the mages guild in balmora!!

By the way the mages guild has a real handy teleport facility.. and i LOVE the Mark/recall spell.. so handy... mark say where someone gives you a quest.. go do it... then recall isntantly back to get your reward...
    Im a serious character in it.. have max strength now.. 100.. almost the same agility (99) and high in most other areas... i started as a scout, imperial, with the tower sign so i could open 50pt locks early on.. now i can open 100pt locks easy with all me lock picks (master thief too).

Excellent game!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

lol. I've been wandering all over the countryside looking for that dam puzzle box. Ran into some rather nasty gremlin-like creatures that are apparently impervious to traditional weaponry (learnt that the hard way), got mauled by a pair of mating bull-like creatures and currently i've got a blue-skinned dark elf tagged to my ass.

Morrowind can really throw rpg newbies into the deep end :)

• Advertisement

yeah... read the Trials of a clueless wood elf... great journal of a complete newbies first few weeks.

Im such a high level now i dont find too many things that can kill me... Still have fun though... im going to have to find some vampires... they are ultra hard to kill and if they bite you you turn into one and become super strong and fast etc... Of course being a super character has the drawback of sunlight kills, i would assume holy places are a no go area and people can tell you are a vampire from your face etc so dont trust you.. so super character.. sure but its harder to play the game as one..

i was vamp in daggerfall, was cool for awhile but then it was just annoying when nobody talked to you. I'm done with morrowing now, once i finished the main storyline and killed Vivec also, there was really nothing left for me to do.. its too frustrating/boring to use any weapon other than my best (daedric battle axe enchanted with paralysis on strike) so everything is too ez now :)

Advertisement