Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ffxi

Options
  • 08-05-2002 12:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭

With the way that broadband is advancing in Ireland (sorry but i couldn't think of a word that reminded me of treacle sliding up a 45 degree slope) is there any hope of playing FFXI in Ireland at a decent speed. My bet is that europe gets ignored by square again and they don't bother to release it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Shouldn't matter, its not like it requires a huge amount of packets to be thrown around. They're still going with turn based combat and in my opinion, a 56K modem will do the job fairly well. Whats important is that they actually add this option and find someone in ireland to accomodate the usage. If not, we're all f0ck3d :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I notice that it got 10/9/10/9 in Famitsu, for a total of 38/40 - pretty impressive really, and a good sign. I'm still not convinced though, I have to say.... We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The release date is 2004 or thereabouts I believe.

And if Sony's magic ball is correct*, video games will be distributed via our spangly broadband connections just a year later.

* Its not, natch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Its not going to be optimized AT ALL for 56K connections. Ill take bets on that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Wuhoo, word is the release next week in japan is to possibly hold an english option..... hmmmm tempting.
    Even for offline play, if thats still going to be allowed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement