Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce 2 GTS problem

• 14-06-2001 3:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 32mb GeForce 2 GTS (Creative GB0010 to be precise), using windows 2000 professional, SP2. I've just noticed that I cannot chose 1024x768 in D3D games - just noticed it now because i rarely play D3D games. 1024x768 works fine in OpenGL. No D3D program i've tried allows me to choose it - including 3dmark 2001. This worked before, mind. I've tried this on the 12.20 and 12.41 (official) detonators with the same result.

Any ideas?

- Munch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Sounds very strange.
    Not the fault of the card - I have the Gefore 2 Mx before I moved to the Ultra and they both will do 1024*768 on D3D.

Try updating direct X if you dont have the latest (or even just a reinstall).

Reset the defaults of the card in it display properties.

Or try a dual boot with 98 or some OS and test it there - if it works maybe try a repair on 2k or a reinstall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭[-FI-]Barra

i av same card and i had a similar prob but what i did was get the newest drivers from www.nvidia.com and follow links to your card and what windows u run under ,,remmeber erase yer previous driver and then install the nxt one ,,,that worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Woohoo, sorted it.

It took a complete uninstall of the nvidia drivers, leaving me back in the wonderful world of 640x480x16 colours @ 60hz. Then I just reinstalled the 12.41 drivers after rebooting and everything's working fine again biggrin.gif

- Munch

Advertisement